GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well whaddya know..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/08/05 at 02:43
"High polygon count"
They haven't deleted my login yet!

Oh well, while I'm here...

First off - hello all. Hope you're all having spiffingly wonderful lives. Well, most of you... ;-p

Now that's out of the way...

I have my PSP on pre-order with a certain other online retailer, and I need to get some games for it too. So any of you importers got any recommendations? I'll be buying official UK versions first off, but importers may be in a position to advise, having played the games. Yes, I have read reviews, but personal opinions can give a better balance.

What I'm thinking of so far are Ridge Racer, Mercury, Virtua Tennis, Metal Gear Acid, Ape Academy and Coded Arms. I know some of these are out in other regions, others may not be. Anyone have them and care to share their opinion?

Obviously there are a few must-have games which will be out shortly after launch (I'm thinking GT4 Mobile, Daxter and Pursuit Force specifically), but what of the current games? Is Mercury as much fun as it looks? Does Metal Gear really work as a 'card game'? How does Coded Arms play with only one analogue stick? Is Ape Academy fun? Should I choose a racer other than Ridge?

Also, as PSP is region-free for gaming, what websites would you recommend for cheap import games? Now I know some people at SR get particularly arsey about naming competitors here, even when they sell a multitude of things that SR don't... so feel free to e-mail me (about this only) - address on my profile page. And thanks in advance.
Tue 16/08/05 at 17:23
My Sandisk 1GB one is still up for sale for £60, if anyone's interested.
Tue 16/08/05 at 16:42
"High polygon count"
I just came across a UK seller offering reasonable prices, but after I'd done some investigating, it turned out the barsteward was shilling. So I've reported him/her.
Tue 16/08/05 at 16:38
Regular
The only difference between the yellow ones and the standard blue ones is that the yellow ones are designed with the PSP in mind, thus do not come with a Memory Stick adaptor.

Everything else about them is identical.
Tue 16/08/05 at 15:51
"possibly impossible"
You could get the 512mb one from kugkv (see his topic further down the forum). I was, but then I decided to go for a larger one...
Tue 16/08/05 at 15:43
Regular
Quite possibly, there's another one listed by the same seller at only £1 still, but it's got 23 hours to go :D.
Tue 16/08/05 at 15:39
"High polygon count"
Cheers, but I think I'll go with the eMartBuy place.

That one on eBay being at £41 already will probably turn out more expensive.
Tue 16/08/05 at 15:29
Regular
The one Igot was the yellow gaming one, notsure if there's a difference, but the same seller has another one on at £41 at the moment with 15 mins left.

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SANDISK-1GB-MEMORY-STICK-PRO-DUO-SONY-PSP-1-GB_W0QQitemZ7538726808QQcategoryZ18870QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/URL]
Tue 16/08/05 at 15:26
Regular
It wasn't UK, it'll be coming from the States.

It was £43 final price with £17 postage, that's the cheapest I'd seen a 1Gb card going at too. So, hopefully it arrives with no problems :D.

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7538725838[/URL]
Tue 16/08/05 at 15:09
"High polygon count"
Bonus wrote:
> I just stumped up £60 including delivery
> for a 1Gb SanDisk Memory Stick Duo off of Ebay.

Can you tell me which seller? And was it a UK seller?

I've not seen any that low on eBay yet, but am still looking.

I have seen this though... [URL]http://www.emartbuy.com/uk/catalog/item/miscl/itemDetail.aspx?itemId=462&itemId=462[/URL]
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:32
Regular
Yeah, I would say so, I just stumped up £60 including delivery for a 1Gb SanDisk Memory Stick Duo off of Ebay.

Apparently Gamespot thinks the Sandisk cardsarebetter (i.e.faster) than even Sony's high speed sticks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.