GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do I buy a PS2 just for San Andreas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Sat 23/10/04 at 19:30
Regular
And maybe GT4, and any other games that are exclusively PS2?

Currently I think it's a ridiculous idea, but I really do want to play San Andreas and I don't want to have to wait a year or whatever to play it on my XBOX. My PC is ancient, and I do plan to update it to the max, but don't have that kind of money at the moment.

Your taunts of 'Grand Theft Auto games are crap' will fall on deaf ears - I'm a major fan of the series.

Your thoughts, or if you have any information at all about an xbox release that would be great.

Oh, and when is Halo 2 out?
Sun 07/11/04 at 16:44
Regular
"Gamertag Number 10"
Nope GTA SA is coming up in 2005.
Sat 06/11/04 at 00:43
Regular
"Optical"
Well i did and dont regret it. If you got the money or can get a cheap 2nd hand console do it! Im sure it will be coming out on the Xbox tho on 1 mission some guy is playing a game and after i killed him i jumped over the sofa to look about and the console looked like an Xbox(of sorts) wonder what sony thought of that! Otherwise not many good games coming out for the ps2 DMC3 looks good tho GT4 is looking a bit rubbish!
Wed 03/11/04 at 22:40
Regular
I'm buying my mates PS2 for 50 nicker, which isn't too much of a wallet stinger. I was horrified to discover that memory cards are £17.99.

Pathetic, my XBOX doesn't need such 17th century devices, and I don't think it'll be too happy having to share its space under my telly with Sonys box of cheapness.

Still, San Andreas here we come.
Sun 31/10/04 at 11:38
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
On the subject of paying £100 for one game; yes it is one game, but how many games are you getting for that? You're getting a Crime sim, a Flight sim, some Benami, Parachuting, Racing, Xtreme sports sim, plus there's car modding and some RPG elements thrown in for good measure, and there's probably more stuff I haven't done yet.

When you consider that some people are paying £70 for that piece of crap that is the Gametrac, then you're getting a pretty good buy actually.

:)
Sun 31/10/04 at 11:09
Regular
"boom boom click"
in answer to the first question and topic i would say yes!

im not from the ps2 forum i have all the consoles so im not biased
Sat 30/10/04 at 11:17
Regular
"Touched!"
Personally I've always had a soft spot for PS2's. But a lot of the games are utter cack, there are a few that I regard as classics, such as Devil May Cry, Rachet and Clank etc which as you know cannot get on anything other console. I'm quite looking forward to MGS3, especially if they have improved the combat and toned the movie like scenes down. Devil May Cry 3 looks quality. I'll have to pick up the first two again (never played 2 but I hear it's crap).
Sat 30/10/04 at 11:07
Regular
The first 2 MGS games stank, unless they've changed a hell of a lot I really can't see Snake Eater being any different.

Apparently it'll be on Xbox sometime next year anyway. Not that I have any real intrest in it, Chaos theory will rape it and then pee on its face.
Sat 30/10/04 at 10:46
Regular
Yes I'd get a PS2 for San Andreas, with Viewtiful Joe 2, MGS3 and GT4 due out next year it is definitly a worthwhile purchase.
Sat 30/10/04 at 00:58
Regular
"BOSE"
When does Halo 2 come out? Is he serious!? :-D
Fri 29/10/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Bah"
He does kinda make a point, and its not really £100 for a game more like an investment, no hat i would bother thou, im just playing halo till halo 2 comes out!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.