GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do I buy a PS2 just for San Andreas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Sat 23/10/04 at 19:30
Regular
And maybe GT4, and any other games that are exclusively PS2?

Currently I think it's a ridiculous idea, but I really do want to play San Andreas and I don't want to have to wait a year or whatever to play it on my XBOX. My PC is ancient, and I do plan to update it to the max, but don't have that kind of money at the moment.

Your taunts of 'Grand Theft Auto games are crap' will fall on deaf ears - I'm a major fan of the series.

Your thoughts, or if you have any information at all about an xbox release that would be great.

Oh, and when is Halo 2 out?
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:05
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'm sorry, but I agree with Mav.

GTA3 was immense - a breath of fresh air, well made with great design.

Vice City didn't feel as... brilliant.

Let's face it, after you've burnt out the free roaming from GTA, all you've got left is a slightly-above-average game.
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:23
Regular
Which is why Vice City concentrated on making a rock solid story with some top voice acting because after you have taken away the free roaming you are left with a game with a lot of short comings...

This is where San Andreas steps in. The shooting sections are now one of the games stronger parts, the environments are now more lively with lots going on around. More missions, tighter controls, more cars and a shed load of other new stuff.
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:25
Regular
"tokyo police club"
But still, after I killed GTA3 on the free roaming and being left with a 'main game' that's about a 7/10, I really can't get excited about a GTA/Sims hybrid.
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:33
Regular
"Touched!"
I've pre-ordered it from gameplay so I should get it on thursday, cannot wait. Something to do until Halo 2 anyway!
Tue 26/10/04 at 10:45
Regular
Yeah, mine was despatched yesterday so I am hoping for late tomorrow or Thursday morning.

Trouble with the GTA games is that they take up so much fricking time, not that it isn't enjoyable but I wonder where the f**k the hours go more than any other game.
Tue 26/10/04 at 10:50
Regular
9.9?

That's insane and probably totally over the top. I'll have to go read the review at some point me thinks.
Tue 26/10/04 at 18:41
Regular
"Bah"
I was thinking this too cos i sold my ps2 ages ago, ythink im just gonna wait for the xbox verion, got loads of courcsework due in november so that will tide me over till halo 2 comes out then that will absorb my life!
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:41
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Being a huge fan of the GTA games, I'd say it's worth picking up a second hand PS2 to play San Andreas. I actually prefer the PS2 versions myself to be honest.
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:58
"slightlyshortertagl"
Go for it, you'll probably be able to pick up a cheap PS2 on eBay, especially since all the SonyMonkeys will be running to get one of those lsightly smaller PS2s...
Wed 27/10/04 at 14:58
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
No. It ain't that great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.