GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Blood Prince"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/07/05 at 15:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It's out tomorrow night, and I can't be the only Harry Potter fan on here. I shall be entering into the spirit of things and picking up my copy around midnight.

Unfortunately I know what happens.. thanks to the brilliance of the internet I had some spoilers thrust at me earlier. An important character turns bad and kills another important character, something I could have done without knowing, but still.

Anyone else looking forward to it?
Sat 23/07/05 at 19:59
Regular
Vampyr wrote:
> true, but how is he gonna convince people of this?

I don't think he's going to convince anyone of anything.
If it's true then he and Dumbledore have both given their up their lives to the cause of removing the Dark Lord. I guess the idea was to get him closer to the Dark Lord, as he knew the secret of the Horcrux's and could start secretly locating them, and either personally disabling them or atleast dropping clues to Potter.
Sat 23/07/05 at 19:57
Regular
"Captain to you."
I am pretty sure thats what it's all about, as Dumbledore knows that Harry is going to need snapes help later on.

Give that bit about the arguement a re-read and see if you see it the same way as i do.

I also think thats why snape doesn't attack harry and just defends.
Sat 23/07/05 at 19:54
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
true, but how is he gonna convince people of this?
Sat 23/07/05 at 19:51
Regular
That sounded pretty good.

I also liked Chippxero's idea about Snape only killing Dumbledore on his orders. It would explain why Dumbledore was begging him, although not begging for life like Harry thought, and why Snape did it quickly, sharply without any speech of what a fool Dumbledore was for trusting him etc...
Sat 23/07/05 at 18:45
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Strafio wrote:
> Well, it was hearing of the prophesy that inspire Voldemort to take on
> Harry's parents.
>
> The guy is evil, no question but we've not really "met" him
> yet.
> He's like that guy in James Bond who strokes the cat but rarely did
> anything.

blofeld

> People going missing and the way his own people fear him (you
> actually kind of feel sorry for Draco, his sessions with Myrtle, his
> excuses to Dumbledore) is kind of grim, but I bet she really brings
> him into character in the next one.
>
> I bet we also hear a bit more about Sirius' Brother (Regulus?) too.
> We heard that he got killed within weeks of leaving the Death Eaters,
> but that message in the replaced Horcrux was most likely from him, and
> he probably left clues to where the others were - maybe taking a few
> of them out.

yeah i reckon that too. R.A.B can hardly be anyone else in fairness. i reckon he'll have had a change of heart after something to do with sirius, causing him to go on a horcrux finding quest, only to be killed
>
> Lastly, what do you think's going to happen about Draco?
> He wouldn't go through with killing Dumbledore.
> Think he'll finally get twisted?
> I reckon he dies trying to help Harry (realises that life under the
> threat of the dark lord isn't so cosy). Thoughts?

his mum will be killed by big V, causing him to help potter
Sat 23/07/05 at 01:57
Regular
"Captain to you."
Draco helps potter kill voldimort (sp?) in the final book.

Dumbledore asks snape to kill him and thats what they are arguing about earlier in the book.

Snape dies saving potter in the last book.

^ these are things i think will happen, but i am pretty sure that the snape killing Dumbledore is right.
Sat 23/07/05 at 01:18
Regular
Well, it was hearing of the prophesy that inspire Voldemort to take on Harry's parents.

The guy is evil, no question but we've not really "met" him yet.
He's like that guy in James Bond who strokes the cat but rarely did anything.
People going missing and the way his own people fear him (you actually kind of feel sorry for Draco, his sessions with Myrtle, his excuses to Dumbledore) is kind of grim, but I bet she really brings him into character in the next one.

I bet we also hear a bit more about Sirius' Brother (Regulus?) too.
We heard that he got killed within weeks of leaving the Death Eaters, but that message in the replaced Horcrux was most likely from him, and he probably left clues to where the others were - maybe taking a few of them out.

Lastly, what do you think's going to happen about Draco?
He wouldn't go through with killing Dumbledore.
Think he'll finally get twisted?
I reckon he dies trying to help Harry (realises that life under the threat of the dark lord isn't so cosy). Thoughts?
Sat 23/07/05 at 00:59
Regular
"Captain to you."
Isn’t it because of the prophecy that Harry’s parents died? or am i being to picky?
Sat 23/07/05 at 00:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
But it's because of Voldemort Harry's parent's died. And his followers have now killed his Godfather and Dumbledore, the closest adult family figures he's had.

Thing is, he's way too important to go round killing people himself, although if you want a good example of him attacking Harry himself, the end of book 5 where he enters Harry's head which almost kills him is a good example.

But yeh, Umbridge was an evil bint. She should definately get a final come-uppance.

Alfonse wrote (abridged):
> Actually typhoid or whatever your name is.
> Nor do I want to waste my time with you and your lame insults. You see
> that is the beauty of the block button.

Heh.. Typhoid.. I guess "Tphi" being four letters is hard for you to spell. Insults? I'm not the one who called people "fags" for reading a book.

PS. We're not on MSN, it's not called a block button.
Fri 22/07/05 at 22:39
Regular
So you're through with the thread? Good. :-)

Cycloon wrote:
> As an ultimate lord of Evil, Voldemort ranks alongside my mum when I
> won't wash the dishes.
>
> He's utterly crap.

Yeah...
So far he's only acted through other underlings.
Quirrel in the first book, his diary in the second etc...

Perhaps we'll get a little more of him in the next one.
Make a genuinely hate-able character out of him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.