GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"San Andreas IGN Review"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:05
Regular
[URL]http://ps2.ign.com/articles/559/559560p1.html[/URL]

9.9/10

w00t :D
Fri 29/10/04 at 08:24
Regular
But the fact is, you just have to look around pretty much every magazine and review site to see that San Andreas has scored high because it is clearly a fantastic game.

I think IGN can be let off on this instance as they aren't the only ones to go mad for it.

Plus there wasn't just the one reviewer, the video review had two people talkiNg which is very rare. It would appear that the majority of the IGN team agree that it is a truly outstanding game.
Fri 29/10/04 at 00:25
Regular
I'm not criticising a game I haven't played. I'm merely asking the question why Driver 3 was given low scores by all but that one magazine. At the end of the day it all comes down to personal taste.

It isn't a conspiracy theory, it's simple business. IGN and the various magazines rely on pre-release code from developers to be able to print stuff in advance of the game's release.

If they're going to give the game bad press, then the developers are bound to reconsider sending them code.

Nothing to do with the government, and I'm not being anti-San Andreas...atleast not in this thread, it is pure fact. This kind of thing does go on.
Fri 29/10/04 at 00:22
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Why do you think OPSM2 magazine were the only ones to give Driver 3
> more than 3/10?

Why is it so fashionable to criticise Driv3r?

Despite all its shortcomings, I actually had a lot of fun with it.
Thu 28/10/04 at 23:49
Regular
"Bicycle"
Scenario:

Edgy: Argh, everything is run by the government, even computer games! Damn conspiricies.

*Doorbell rings.*

Man: We're from the FBI.

/Scenario.

And that's how it goes.

It's not real, but it will happen. Will.
Thu 28/10/04 at 22:33
Regular
Heh - funny thing is, my scenario was real.

With big releases by companies that can afford a loss of publicity from a site like IGN, that happens all the time.

Why do you think OPSM2 magazine were the only ones to give Driver 3 more than 3/10?
Thu 28/10/04 at 22:27
Regular
Scenario:

Juan Pablo Hayanakuri Mashakano (Nintendo Exec, as we all know) - "I wish we made games that didn't look like they were ripped straight from a kiddies colouring in book!"

*Suicide*
Thu 28/10/04 at 22:25
Regular
Scenario:

Rockstar: What do you think of our game?

IGN: Could be a lot better. Nice new bits, but it's still the same old crap.

Rockstar: Hmmm...I think we're running short on spare discs. I think we'll have to make some cutbacks as to who recieves our pre-launch code next time...

IGN: ...But it does have great graphics! 9.9/10!
Thu 28/10/04 at 21:20
Regular
"Touched!"
Decided to grab a new PStwo tomorrow :D Just hope GTA turns up! Gameplay don't usually let me down.
Thu 28/10/04 at 21:17
Regular
I agree it makes no difference if they just added one weapon or some ammo but there is so much added into the GTA games everytime.

Vice City added so much more, I spent around 10-15 hours alone just facking around the city once I had finished all the missions in the Apache style Helicopter. I can see me having a similar addiction to Parachute jumping into the middle of a gang war .

Stuff like that just can't be done in any other game and it is these improvements that just make it better than pretty much every game on the market with the arguable exception of a few really top titles.

The GTA games are sublime.
Thu 28/10/04 at 20:43
Regular
Not gonna get my hopes up too much with this score, just checked and they gave Vice City 9.7.

Also found out there was a GTA game that was scheduled for the N64 at one point. Yay.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.