GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"San Andreas IGN Review"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:05
Regular
[URL]http://ps2.ign.com/articles/559/559560p1.html[/URL]

9.9/10

w00t :D
Thu 28/10/04 at 20:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
>> Definition:
>
> "To make beneficial additions or changes".
>
> All those points improve the gameplay.

True enough. But then again, are these really improvements enough to warrant (bar the impressive size of the game) such hype? If Nintendo improve Zelda by adding in some little features, for arguments sake; a new type of arrow to fire - it's an improvement in that it 'adds' to the game. It makes sod all differene to the actual core game itself.
Thu 28/10/04 at 20:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Jive wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> >(I agree, Halo 2 has little in the way of new features, rather
> new graphics/size/weapons/Live etc)
>
> Think you've just shot yourself in the foot, I thought, reading the
> XBox forum recently, that Halo 2 is supposed to be so fantastic and
> amazing with a whole raft of new features etc that this would be the
> game to end all games and you've just said that it's got improved
> graphics, improved size, improved weapons and it's online.
>
>

Yes. I agree, Halo 2 doesn't have actually that much new, except a new look and some superficial features - I've always said so. And an increased size. Like SA.

And?
Thu 28/10/04 at 18:13
Anyone got it yet?

A few people I know have got it from online sites.

Also, Asda and 24 hour supermarkets like them tend to put them out tonight, at around seven or later.

Though to be honest if people did have it I doubt they'd be on here, right?
Thu 28/10/04 at 18:07
Regular
A quick skim through that IGN review and suddenly I'm a bit more excited.

If the level design has been kept consistently varied and memorable throughout this massive play area, a la GTA3, then this will truly be fantastic.
Thu 28/10/04 at 17:55
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Btw Ali..if I decide to pick up the smaller PS2..did they ever elimate
> the "Green" Dvd problem with the RGB cable? Also is DVD
> playback any better or the same? I always thought the drives on the
> original PS2's were cack.

I have an RGB scart to switch for DVD's and games but no the green screen is still there for DVD's unless you use the multi-switch on the RGB scart.

Also I haven't used the DVD playback, got a far better standalone DVD player.
Thu 28/10/04 at 17:53
Regular
His argument against my points just doesn't make sense, neither does the superficial argument.

All sequels have superficial upgrades, only GTA seems to have a lot more than most. It also has a lot of useful gameplay upgrades like the ones I mentioned.
Thu 28/10/04 at 17:51
Regular
"Touched!"
Btw Ali..if I decide to pick up the smaller PS2..did they ever elimate the "Green" Dvd problem with the RGB cable? Also is DVD playback any better or the same? I always thought the drives on the original PS2's were cack.
Thu 28/10/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Cyclone wrote:
>(I agree, Halo 2 has little in the way of new features, rather new graphics/size/weapons/Live etc)

Think you've just shot yourself in the foot, I thought, reading the XBox forum recently, that Halo 2 is supposed to be so fantastic and amazing with a whole raft of new features etc that this would be the game to end all games and you've just said that it's got improved graphics, improved size, improved weapons and it's online.

Well apart from the online part, which in a way I'm glad SA hasn't got, then SA is doing exactly the same as H2, has improved graphics, has massively more space, improved weapons, improved just about everything and yet it gets slagged off by everyone ... which I really fail to understand.

Oh and don't come back with the usual retorts of PS2 fan boy as I own an XBox and enjoy playing on it and I don't go around slagging off the xbox and it's games.

If your so against SA and it's genre then why bother making comments in threads like these, although I will ask, when (and I say when because it will happen) it (SA) appears on the XBox platform, will you be buying it?

If yes then please explain why.
Thu 28/10/04 at 17:41
Regular
I can't think of another way...
Thu 28/10/04 at 17:37
Regular
"Touched!"
Bah..I can't send invites :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.