GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"4 new Liverpool signings (Huzzah)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/07/05 at 14:19
Regular
Super Zenden signs today, as do Mark Gonzales, Baldy Reina and some kid from somewhere in Spain. Probably doesn't even play football, Rafa just met him on the street, saw he was Spanish and signed him.

Awful awful day. Stevie's agent says he's off. Rafa says he wants him to stay. Stevie's probably still hungover from the double whammy of the Mikey/Carra wedding double last week.

I'm very very worried, and I'll admit I've always thought he'd stay throughout last season. Disaster if he goes. Although, I say that, but we've got Xabi Alonso. That fearsome Alonso/Zenden partnership has got everyone trembling. John Terry is quoted as saying he's "confused even more than normal" and Patrick Vieira said " Pat very very scared i want Mummy Patrick".

Also we've signed the southern half of Spain.
Mon 04/07/05 at 21:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
On the best player in Chile accolade:

Chile are actually a pretty good side. They have Pierre Farfan, of PSV, a winger/striker who played just about every game when they reached the semi finals of the Champions' League.

They have the two Pizzarros, one of which is a striker for Bayern, another big European club, and the other has played as an attcking midfielder/striker for Udinese last season, helping them to obtain a CL spot and will be moving to a bigger club soon.

Mark Gonzalez, on the other hand, played for Albacete, a club that have just been relegated from La Liga.

So it's not a bad accolade to have, I'm just not sure he deserves it. He is a decent player, though. I assume Riise will be moving to left back now two new left sided midfielders have come in?
Mon 04/07/05 at 21:13
I think Zenden was brought in as short term cover for Gerrard, rather than another left midfielder.

I've no idea though.
Mon 04/07/05 at 21:38
Regular
Blank my lad, you know far too much about football. I don't want Riise at left back, although he's good there. He's just better given free license to attack, Roberto Carlos style. Riise is the best attacking left-back in the Prem, everyone knows that, he's just better when someone else worries about that tackling nonsense.
Mon 04/07/05 at 21:49
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Whoops, it's not Pierre Farfan, it's Jefferson Farfan. There's a French player called Pierre-Fanfan, hence the confusion.

Anyway, you're right, if Riise has license to attack a lot, it'll be great. And if there are as many injury problems as last year, he'll probably have to play all over the place anyway.
Mon 04/07/05 at 23:14
Regular
"Colourless"
I just don't think Benitez should bother with Riise at left back. He's not outstanding defensively but he's a genius going forward. I'd just stick him at left midfield and get a decent left back/someone who isn't Traore.

You could always try swapping Stevie for Xavi, except for the fact he's just signed a new deal. So hold on to Stevie, play Morientes and Cisse up front (no Baros...) and get a decent right winger. This Gonzalez chap sounds a bit like Nunez.....
Mon 04/07/05 at 23:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Zenden can actually play left-back, by the way.

Has played their numerous times for Holland.

Although I doubt that's the position he's been brought in to fill...
Mon 04/07/05 at 23:33
Regular
"Colourless"
Yes but nay. Have seen him play there a couple of times at the Bridge, but doing that would just be the same as putting Riise at left back - a waste of his talent. Riise over Bolo though.

I think Jon Harley would be worth a gamble.
Mon 04/07/05 at 23:50
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Oh, and Blank:

Jefferson Farfan is from Peru, not Chile.
Tue 05/07/05 at 00:07
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
If Zenden and this Gonzalez guy are both capable of playing a defensive left-sided role then Riise starting at left back isn't a problem because if he wants to go forward they can always slip back in to cover. This also allows for crossovers down the left hand side. For full backs it makes a hell of a lot of difference who they have in front of them - I don't recall who Riise had in front of him last time he was playing left back.
Tue 05/07/05 at 07:27
Regular
"Mozzy"
Cheslea has made a £32 million bid for Gerrard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.