GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*******SPOILERS*******RAW"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/06/05 at 17:08
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
If you feel the need to post spoilers this is how you do it...
In particularly Hillfish and jakey b

*************SPOILERS******************

As most of us know now, even if we didnt want to...the draft pick was Kurt Angle.

I have to say i loved the 'Wooooo!' battle between Kurt and Ric Flair!
Best bit of comedy on RAW in aaaages! Every time i watch it i crack up laughing!

I actually liked the final segment even though it did have Triple H talking. A few matches made for next week and Vengeance. Shaping up to be good. (Not as good as ECW though!)

Should be a better PPV with another belt on the line with the Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship. Could be a doorway for the title to go back to Smackdown? Who knows.

Any other comments?
Sun 26/06/05 at 18:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
Kawada wrote:
> Heh i read something someone wrote on the blog i visit about Carlito
> saying if you took away the ability to use the word "cool"
> in every sentence and ban apples that Carlito would just be left
> standing in the ring without doing or saying anything and i have to
> agree.

What a pile of toss. Most gimmicks are built upon a single phrase or idea, such as "cool" and the apple, so why not Carlito's?

Anyway, he's wrong. Carlito has the perfect look for the character - his hair, his clothes, his accent etc. I don't know about your mate and his little blog, but I can't see someone like William Regal playing Carlito's character, can you?
Sun 26/06/05 at 19:38
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Very_Metal wrote:
>
> Thats why i was surprised with the suicide dive because you know how
> he does the stinger splash and then if someone moves he will jump
> and
> land on the top ropes. It is very impressive and that shows the the
> spring he has in his jumps.
>
> no.
> it's a different spot entirely. As he whips the guy across from the
> other corner into the buckle he'll tell hm whether to take the splash
> or dodge it, if the guy is to dodge then Benjimen will do the higher
> jump and land on the buckles, if not then he'll do the splash.
>

What i was trying to say was that he has a hell of a lot of spring in his jump if he wanted to jump high, as he would in a suicide dive, but for some reason it went wrong on RAW. But as you said before, even the pros c*ck up now and again!
Sun 26/06/05 at 21:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ant wrote:
> a little rant

Calm down dear it's only a comment in a blog :-D

*goes off to find a comment on Orton for Ant to get in a strop about*
Sun 26/06/05 at 21:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
Har, only cos you know I'm right. :P
Mon 27/06/05 at 01:00
Regular
"you've got a beard"
The Wardy wrote:
> ** the ongoing benjamin debate *
>
> What i was trying to say was that he has a hell of a lot of spring in
> his jump if he wanted to jump high, as he would in a suicide dive, but
> for some reason it went wrong on RAW. But as you said before, even
> the pros c*ck up now and again!

ah i see what you were getting at.
well, the splash/top rop leap spots point still stands as both of those are most definitely planned, but the suicide dive was a blown move, but not deliberately. As someone already pointed out, it's far too random a reaction to incorporate, you could clip the ropes slightly higher or lower on your leg and end up going in a different direction altogether. Whether or not his selling of the move later in the match was real or "faked" selling is the question and the jury's out on that it seems :D

[EDIT] i've just seen it on a replay and if you watch, he only gets about 2 steps run-up before jumping, an over-the-ropes dive after 2 steps is a hell of a lot to ask of ANYone sheltons size, regardless of how athletic they may be.

as for the IC strap, i'm not sure a seperate division would be workable, but guys should spend longer fighting for it. Not only would this give the newer guys time to grow and develop, but the way it stands at the moment, people like orton and batista go from nothing to World champ way too fast. I cared when Bret Hart won the world title, i was on the edge of my seat when he lost it to HBK and i cheered when Benoit won it. why? because i'd followed these guys for years and actually CARED when their work paid off. i watched as they fought long and hard to defend the IC belt, when they had promos and tv time only slightly less than the world champs (well, not so much in benoits case, but that's more a reflection on wwe's attitude towards his promos i think, which is slightly understandable ;) ), when the belt was a MILEstone, not a stepping stone. Randy Orton arrived, got injured, was back for a fortnight, got injured, came back, had the IC strap for a coupla months, BLATANTLY dropped it to be pushed into the world title picture and then bang.. champ. no-one cared. well, no-one REALLY cared. sure he got some pops and cheers, but no-one minded when he lost it again. Compare that to the arena erupting when HBK won the iron man match and it's obvious that this rush to push the new guys before they decide they don't like the travel and quit again isn't working (on that note, NODQ had an article on Lesnar apparantly teasing that he'd like to work for WWE again, take that how you will) The World title should be for the shining stars of pro wrestling, guys that have worked long and hard and EARNED the belt, not guys that have walked in jacked up on steroids, flexed infront of management and been pushed to the top at 1,000,000 miles an hour.

[EDIT] as if to prove my point, the IC match is the curtain jerker for vengeance. remember when they used to be at the top of the mid card or the pre-main event? exactly, people cared then, learn something please wwe :-\
Mon 27/06/05 at 13:35
Regular
"..."
I agree with V_M's point about people going from nothing to World Champion in far too short a period these days. It's acceptable in smaller feds that sometimes a champ comes out of nowhere, like Austin Aries in ROH, due to the big stars being poached (Samoa Joe to TNA and Punk to WWE) but in a fed like WWE where everyone is on a long term contract, it makes no sense for guys to win a world title in the first couple of years on the full roster.
Tue 05/07/05 at 17:26
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Wow! Was really surprised at the ending to RAW this week, didnt see that one coming at all.

I am surprised at HBK turning heel because he is one of the most popular members of the RAW roster.
Maybe at the next PPV they will have Hogan Vs Michaels, although i am shocked that it happened!

HBK is(/was) such a fan favourite and i think he plays that role well as he always goes on about his commitment to the fans, and now they go and change him heel.

Maybe a good storyline coming, and i think its safe to say that NOBODY saw that coming. That was a good shocker compared to the rest of WWE's normal predictability.
Wed 06/07/05 at 19:37
Regular
Raw was actually very poor this week. I'm quite confident the diva segment took up more show time than all of the wrestling put together. There were 4 matches, two of which were completely pitiful excuses for filling a time allotment. If you're going to have Viscera in a match, at least use him for what he does best... delivering high impact moves. Yes, he's pointless and can't take hits at all, but he's good at delivering slams. And making a fool of both himself and the scriptwriters...

Aside from the ending, which I thought was easily the best thing on the show (apart from maybe the rather humorous Kerwin White introduction or the two "divas" who completely embarrassed themselves - one by falling over on here entrance, and the other when her tats popped out :)), Raw was generally very poor. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan storyline now. Hopefully they'll not be feuding for too long, though, as Hogan is well past it, regardless of how much of a pop he gets upon appearence.

I like Carlito and Angle, but they were both crushed by the two legends, which wasn't great. That match was so predictable it was unbelievable, but at least we got a good ending.
Wed 06/07/05 at 21:50
Regular
"I like cheese"
Grrr. The 2 or 3 RAWs leading up to Vengeance were great, but they've followed it with two utter stinkers.

I'm quite serious when I say I'd of been happy to see Triple H mark his return. The show needed it. Good points include the Heart Throbs destroying Viscera, Carlito and Angle's comments about Hogan's daughter (haha), the Edge/Kane tag was good, and HBK's turn. Highlight Reel was okay. That's about it.

The Diva Search, with the exception of 1 or 2 amusing segments, UTTERLY SUCKS. I simply cannot see why the hell they think half an hour of some lame bootcamp is gonna get ratings - if I wanna see fit, scantily clad women then I'll go on the internet thanks, where I can see a lot more too. Just give the prize to Ashley and finish with it.

Bad points of the show were therefore the actual main event match, because Carlito and Angle rock, the Diva search, Dupree vs Venis, and Chavo's horrifyingly sickening new 'gimmick'...why didn't he just stay on SmackDown ffs.

On an unrelated note, I have no respect for Hogan anymore. He's trying to make money out of the issue of his daughter's sexuality, and by producing a reality show where he interrogates some guy because his daughter isn't 'sexually active' then it's simply gonna make all us guys desperate to be the one who makes her 'active!' Pretty disgusting in my view, I'd never do such a thing to my daughter.
Thu 07/07/05 at 02:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Now RAW has sucked for quite some time but my god Vince outdid himself this week, absolutely awful show and shows why the industry desperately needs some competition to this s**t.

Didn't realise i'd stepped back into my time portal to 1993 for a Michaels vs Hogan feud, Hogan couldn't put on a decent match then he sure as hell can't do one now. Obviously carrying on the Angle vs Michaels feud was going to put the possibility of an actual decent match dangerously high which we can't be having in the WWE can we Vince? Oh and also nice way to completely kill the momentum of your Intercontinental champ, great booking that you bunch of morons.

Diva boot camp - i won't even start as what i have to say will get me banned, get it and those daft bints off my tv now. However anyone else find it extremely convenient Hebner just happened to have a towel with him to hide Leyla's chest when she 'accidentally' popped out?

Absolutely crap wrestling matches, which if memory serves me right is actually what the WWE should be putting on being a wrestling promotion after all. How Viscera stays in employment while Charlie Haas is fired i'll never know.

Chavo's new gimmick. Ok Vince we get it, you think Americans are a bunch of racists, how many fricking gimmicks do we need? Nice way to offend another one of your audiences though, obviously trying to put yourself out of business.

Only thing that could have made this show any worse was a 20 minute HHH promo. And please Vince don't take that as an idea for next week

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.