GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I going down?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/06/05 at 20:16
Regular
Some may remember a tale I told about a barn.

This barn, after a bit of idiocy from my close friend neal. Got burnt to the ground. In brief, my friend was working in a barn. Stacking a selection of broken chip and pin machines. It was a cold day in January and so he decided to start a fire to keep warm. Using my lighter my friend recklessly started a fire on a stack of boxes and then later, upon request, in a bin, away from danger. As the situation wore on my friend moved the bin nearer to him, which I questioned, the fire flicked from the metal bin and hit a stack of boxes. To cut a long story short, the barn burnt to the ground.

1 month later he is arrested, he tells his arresting officer that it was I that started the fire. So I was arrested. I told the truth, as stated above. 4 months down the line we are both charged with Arson.

I appear in court next week.

I am, as some will known, a Cambridge university student, with a small desire to be a teacher. This offense could see my dreams dashed and my prospects ruined. I have no idea what the minimum sentence is (be it imprisonment or community service), nor do I know EXACTLY what I did wrong.

At the moment my "close friend" still insists it was I that was responsible for the fire.

Help???
Page:
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:16
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Don't get angry.

If you ever feel angry, get a pumpkin and a knife, carve "YOU'RE NEXT" into it and stick it on the person's doorstep.
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:02
Regular
It'll be seen as an accident at the most.
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Is "gutted" too harsh a pun?
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I'm sorry to say Dringo, but it was a huge laugh to you at the time. Looks like that's turned around and bit you in the ass, as soon as consequences are involved.....
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:48
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Then again, you know the rule.

Innocent = guilty

Guilty = innocent

go with toe's advice.
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Help???

Don't drop the soap, mate.
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:44
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Sorry to hear about it. Doesn't sound like a very good friend to me. I wish you all the best, as I can only imagine what you're going through. I'm afraid I can't do more than that. Again, best of luck; and if you believe in God, perhaps he'll look out for you.
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:44
Regular
Shave your head and wear as much gold and shiney stuff as you can.
You'll get away with it* - especially if the justice system in Cambridge works the same as it does where I live.

*Not saying that you actually did it or anything. But good luck, kick your friend in the nuts and tell him what a wan ker he is.
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:41
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Remember what I said at the time?

Dringo wrote:
> And this is indeed a first, and last, offense.

It'll probably cut no slack due to the damage caused. If it's a first and last offense, why say it's an offense you've caused in the first place?
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Arson?

Glad I ain't you
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.