GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I going down?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/06/05 at 20:16
Regular
Some may remember a tale I told about a barn.

This barn, after a bit of idiocy from my close friend neal. Got burnt to the ground. In brief, my friend was working in a barn. Stacking a selection of broken chip and pin machines. It was a cold day in January and so he decided to start a fire to keep warm. Using my lighter my friend recklessly started a fire on a stack of boxes and then later, upon request, in a bin, away from danger. As the situation wore on my friend moved the bin nearer to him, which I questioned, the fire flicked from the metal bin and hit a stack of boxes. To cut a long story short, the barn burnt to the ground.

1 month later he is arrested, he tells his arresting officer that it was I that started the fire. So I was arrested. I told the truth, as stated above. 4 months down the line we are both charged with Arson.

I appear in court next week.

I am, as some will known, a Cambridge university student, with a small desire to be a teacher. This offense could see my dreams dashed and my prospects ruined. I have no idea what the minimum sentence is (be it imprisonment or community service), nor do I know EXACTLY what I did wrong.

At the moment my "close friend" still insists it was I that was responsible for the fire.

Help???
Page:
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
You're so cool Azul.
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:04
Regular
Ant wrote:

> Either way, you shouldn't get anything too serious. Just get through
> it and learn from it.

I told a slighty different story to you guys regarding how the fire started to protect the idiot.

But I told the police exactly what happened.

The thing is the police get the impression it was a couple of idiots in a barn who, without thinking, started a fire and the barn burnt down.

That is somewhat true, although my part in it was far more innocent. I don't wish to be heading to court. It's a terrible thing to hear, it's my birthday tomorrow after all.

But It's fortunate I am currently seeking a job in publishing after I leave university. If I stuck with the teaching concept I'd almost certainly not get it if I am convicted.
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's like a bad Hollyoaks plot, except you're 19!!!! Why - and remember you go to Cambridge Uni, you represent the cream of the academic crop (actually I've been in many a bar/pub with Cambridge Uni students, they're all twunts) - are you hanging out with people that start fires?
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Just for you Dringo
[URL]http://starterupsteve.com/swf/finalprison.html[/URL]
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
SHEEPY wrote:
> They'll use you as currency in there.
----

That made me laugh out loud.
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:58
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I found it quite funny actually.

Thanks for the laugh
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
Nice to see how kind and supportive everyone on these forums is, heh.

Hopefully everything will be okay for you Dringo, obviously it doesn't sound like your fault and if justice does it's job then you should be in the clear. Maybe I'm getting confused but it sounds like you told a different story to avoid getting into trouble? That's understandable too, because you're scared. I would be, anyway,

Either way, you shouldn't get anything too serious. Just get through it and learn from it.
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They'll use you as currency in there.
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Let us know what happens.
Unless you get SET DAAAAAAAHN, in which case your next post will be

"help i be bumraped by sammy the butcherman skgejagihaihgpohawgpj"
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
"Arson is the crime of setting a fire with intent to cause damage. The definition of arson was originally limited to setting fire to buildings, but was later expanded to include other objects, such as bridges, vehicles, and private property."

I don't know what they're taking you to court for, because you haven't committed arson.

Maybe being careless and stuff, but you had no intension to burn the barn down.

Or did you?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.