GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I going down?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/06/05 at 20:16
Regular
Some may remember a tale I told about a barn.

This barn, after a bit of idiocy from my close friend neal. Got burnt to the ground. In brief, my friend was working in a barn. Stacking a selection of broken chip and pin machines. It was a cold day in January and so he decided to start a fire to keep warm. Using my lighter my friend recklessly started a fire on a stack of boxes and then later, upon request, in a bin, away from danger. As the situation wore on my friend moved the bin nearer to him, which I questioned, the fire flicked from the metal bin and hit a stack of boxes. To cut a long story short, the barn burnt to the ground.

1 month later he is arrested, he tells his arresting officer that it was I that started the fire. So I was arrested. I told the truth, as stated above. 4 months down the line we are both charged with Arson.

I appear in court next week.

I am, as some will known, a Cambridge university student, with a small desire to be a teacher. This offense could see my dreams dashed and my prospects ruined. I have no idea what the minimum sentence is (be it imprisonment or community service), nor do I know EXACTLY what I did wrong.

At the moment my "close friend" still insists it was I that was responsible for the fire.

Help???
Page:
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I can imagine you saying all this to your 'butch', as he strokes your hair afterwards...
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:19
Regular
You'll probably get a hefty fine (£20k), a 6 month prison sentence and then 400 hours community service.
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:19
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> In short, your friend is a dick.

I'm hoping, now he has been put in this more serious position, he'll decide to tell the truth. I know there is no way I could lie in court. I just wouldn't be able to cope.
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:18
Regular
"Excommunicated"
" Everybody's innocent in here son. Now, stop squealing and bend over "

Ah, endless fun.
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:17
Regular
"SOUP!"
In short, your friend is a dick.
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:14
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> The thing is the police get the impression it was a couple of idiots
> in a barn who, without thinking, started a fire and the barn burnt
> down.
>
> Newsflash: everyone here thinks that too, you dolt.

But we're not idiots. We were cold. Neal suggested he started a small fire to keep us warm. I chucked him my lighter and he lit a box. This is when I realised he was being a tw@t, he lit a carboard box full of rubbish and left it on more boxes. He left to find a metal bin to put it in, whilst I climbed down to put the fire out. He came back quickly and put the box in the bin. He then moved the bin to the side out of the way.

Smoke was a little intense so we decided to let the fire die down a bit and went outside, keeping a good eye on it.

When the fire went out we returned and Neal planned to relight it with cleaner carboard and less of it. He started the fire whilst I sat elsewhere a good distance away. He then moved the metal container with the fire nearer to him. I said, "is that such a good idea" and he replied with "I can keep a better eye on it". His next words were "oh crap" or something to that effect as a stack caught fire.

Starting a contained fire in a farm is not a reckless idea, especially if it is set away from anything flammable. Neal twice risked the fire catching the other boxes and twice I repelled the idea.

From my position I did not act recklessly. I was more a bystander who tried to ensure saftey. I don't personally believe a prison sentence or any sentence at that matter for what I did is justifiable.
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Lu-bri-caaaaa-tiiiooon
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:08
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Dringo wrote:
> The thing is the police get the impression it was a couple of idiots
> in a barn who, without thinking, started a fire and the barn burnt
> down.

Newsflash: everyone here thinks that too, you dolt.

Kids, if you don't want to get burnt/bum-banged, don't play with fire.
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:08
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> It's like a bad Hollyoaks plot, except you're 19!!!! Why - and
> remember you go to Cambridge Uni, you represent the cream of the
> academic crop (actually I've been in many a bar/pub with Cambridge
> Uni students, they're all twunts) - are you hanging out with people
> that start fires?

He was only starting a fire to keep warm. He was an old school friend, I was aware he was an idiot but respected his loyalty.

As for Cambridge, it's really bad here. The classroom's are overstretched and the tutor times are tiny. No wonder we're going downhill. And all the students are idiots that find it amusing to mock people for intelligence and nothing else.

I prefer to go to the APU SU, when they let me in. Drinks are cheaper but the food is not as nice.
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:05
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Haha! at the prison b-tch song.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.