GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I going down?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/06/05 at 20:16
Regular
Some may remember a tale I told about a barn.

This barn, after a bit of idiocy from my close friend neal. Got burnt to the ground. In brief, my friend was working in a barn. Stacking a selection of broken chip and pin machines. It was a cold day in January and so he decided to start a fire to keep warm. Using my lighter my friend recklessly started a fire on a stack of boxes and then later, upon request, in a bin, away from danger. As the situation wore on my friend moved the bin nearer to him, which I questioned, the fire flicked from the metal bin and hit a stack of boxes. To cut a long story short, the barn burnt to the ground.

1 month later he is arrested, he tells his arresting officer that it was I that started the fire. So I was arrested. I told the truth, as stated above. 4 months down the line we are both charged with Arson.

I appear in court next week.

I am, as some will known, a Cambridge university student, with a small desire to be a teacher. This offense could see my dreams dashed and my prospects ruined. I have no idea what the minimum sentence is (be it imprisonment or community service), nor do I know EXACTLY what I did wrong.

At the moment my "close friend" still insists it was I that was responsible for the fire.

Help???
Page:
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:54
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> Yeah, you're really fecked.

It is my word against neals.

The price of the destroyed goods reached £98,500

I'll insist I had no part in the actual burning.

It is important to stress that for Arson to be proved the prosecutor needs to prove that it was deliberate (which it wasn't) or Reckless with the knowledge that goods maybe damaged or destroyed. I for one had no idea that neal would start the fire so near any boxes. In fact I told him not to do it. So how I can be dubbed "reckless" is anyones guess.

Of course Neal says otherwise.

I will have glowing character witnesses etc... I am a nerd after all, it is such a perculiar position to end up in for someone like me.

Goatboy our stories don't match. That's the point. But the person who lied was him, I told the truth.

I'll know more wednesday probably.
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yeah, you're really fecked.
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*shrugs*
Better hope your story and his measure up otherwise it's going to look like what it is - a couple of fools burning down a barn.
And what a nice mate to point the finger at you.
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:46
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> I thought a spark from the speakers of your i-pod "leaped"
> and started the fire?

Neal came up with the idea of an "electrical" fire in case the police got involved. Therefore, bar a few, I told the story of how it was indeed an electrical fire. When Neal was arrested he pretty much told the truth, minus the stupid bits he did and who actually did it.
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I thought a spark from the speakers of your i-pod "leaped" and started the fire?
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:40
Regular
Pandaemonium wrote:
> I'm sorry to say Dringo, but it was a huge laugh to you at the time.
> Looks like that's turned around and bit you in the ass, as
> soon as consequences are involved.....

It was never a laugh, it was terrifying. I didn't expect my friend to get in trouble with the police as it was an accident. I certainly didn't imagine him telling them it was me.
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:35
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
gerrid wrote:
> Make sure you're not too calm and calculated in court, otherwise
> you'll make yourself seem suspicious. Answer their questions, tell
> the truth - there's nothing more you can do.

Spoken like a true courts regular.

Yes, I have been in court before. Giving supporting evidence.
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:21
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Oh and why don't you print off your post here with date etc

Might help... probably not?
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Make sure you're not too calm and calculated in court, otherwise you'll make yourself seem suspicious. Answer their questions, tell the truth - there's nothing more you can do.
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:19
Regular
"Excommunicated"
*cough*

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.