GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The hardest thing to do in the world...ever!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/05/05 at 11:11
Regular
"lets go back"
Go and grab yourself a guitar of any description and play the intro to All My Life by the FooFighters. Basically its just a G power chord but if you're rubbish at playing the guitar just play a G note. Listen to the song for the rhythm if you dont know it.

Now for the hard part.

Try singing along to it. Doesnt sound hard but it is. Singing and playing it at the same time is nearly impossible. It makes Dave Grohl even more of a ledgend IMO.
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:36
Regular
"i know all da cheat"
i am lerning gutair in my music class it is so easy the first time i tired it.
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:33
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I struggle to even play the start of the song.
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:31
Regular
Just refering back to the topic, the hardest thing in the world is the solo in Metallicas' Seek and Destroy. If anyone can play it properly (correct speed and no blunders) then I'd be very impressed ...
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:29
Regular
"bot"
I get Guitar Pro tabs from www.mysongbook.com
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:28
Regular
"bot"
Clazon wrote:
> I find clean stuff very satisfying and friends say I have a knack of
> making them myself, equally they say my heavy strumming is crap. So I
> just stick to the picking.
> :)

When I play clean I usually end up throwing together emo sounding stuff, so it's not my strong point.

I have a pretty aggressive playing style that I've probably adopted as a result of listening to ATDI/The Mars Volta/Radiohead, so I 'hack' at the guitar quite a bit sometimes, muting all the strings that aren't meant to sound.

Legato is awesome as well though.
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:25
Regular
"The Red Shift"
www.ultimate-guitar.com

I find they're best.

If they don't have it it's worth checking out here aswell.

www.guitaretab.com
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:25
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Lord Funk wrote:
> I find that the best is [URL]http://www.mxtabs.net[/URL] (mxtabs.net)

That's the only place I get mine from. I only ever go for the five star rated ones but even then I get a few dodgy one's.
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:21
Regular
Where does everyone get their tabs from ?

I find that the best is [URL]http://www.mxtabs.net[/URL] (mxtabs.net)
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:20
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Do you play more clean than overdriven stuff?

Yup.

My chord progression abilities are shown within the tabs I make, or find and play. Where there is a repeated pattern but it moves around alot.

I find clean stuff very satisfying and friends say I have a knack of making them myself, equally they say my heavy strumming is crap. So I just stick to the picking.
:)
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:16
Regular
"bot"
yeah, it's easier to use different dynamics but again, practise allows you to do this with a pick as well, though I don't think it's ever really as effective.

I've never really bothered with finger-picking much since I can do pretty much everything I want to do using a pick, and I can see a lot of the lead runs I enjoy playing being very difficult using my fingers. I like the aggressive 'biting' sound a pick gives.

Do you play more clean than overdriven stuff?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.