GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The hardest thing to do in the world...ever!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/05/05 at 11:11
Regular
"lets go back"
Go and grab yourself a guitar of any description and play the intro to All My Life by the FooFighters. Basically its just a G power chord but if you're rubbish at playing the guitar just play a G note. Listen to the song for the rhythm if you dont know it.

Now for the hard part.

Try singing along to it. Doesnt sound hard but it is. Singing and playing it at the same time is nearly impossible. It makes Dave Grohl even more of a ledgend IMO.
Sun 29/05/05 at 17:52
Regular
You think thats hard? Try cutting off your fingers and eating a choclate bar.
Sun 29/05/05 at 17:23
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Cheers metalhead.

*cries- no powerchords*

:D

Trust me, there are just some chords that work way better than others and chord progression is key. Not pattern so much, Very_Metal.

:)
Sun 29/05/05 at 15:47
Regular
"you've got a beard"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Heh. Emo is when you straighten your long hair so that it obscures
> half your face and sit in your room crying.

:D
you'd think after all that effort they'd at least want to cry in public so people could say "doesn't that whinging asshat have good hair?"
Sun 29/05/05 at 15:47
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Clazon wrote:
> (Does anybody know some traditional Spanish music sounding chords I
> can play in succession? I don't know the names of any songs like
> this, or the chords which are relevant.)

it's really the rythm of the strumming that designates the ethnicity of spanish music. tends to be a fair few half-step progressions in there too.
Sun 29/05/05 at 14:55
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Am, C, G, F, E. Basically part of an old Santana song, u gotta play em slow. 1 chord per bar, but the F and the E go in the same bar (half bar each). Make up you're own rhythm since i can't really tab one on here, and play all open chords, no powerchords. Once you got that, mess around with them e.g. C you can chance to C, C7, C. Or the Am, take off the first finger to get sort of an Am9. Whatever, just use that progression and it should sound good :D
Sun 29/05/05 at 13:13
Regular
"The Red Shift"
It's all so confusing.

(Does anybody know some traditional Spanish music sounding chords I can play in succession? I don't know the names of any songs like this, or the chords which are relevant.)
Sat 28/05/05 at 21:50
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I hope you chew 'em up good. :)
Sat 28/05/05 at 21:43
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
I eat emo kids.
Sat 28/05/05 at 11:51
Regular
"You've upset me"
Very_Metal wrote:
> it means people come to your gigs wearing scarves, t-shirts 3 sizes
> too small, messy hair and skateboard trainers. they stand around
> picking holes in the support acts for not being "real"
> enough until the headliners come on, when they shuffle to the front
> and compare Funeral for a Friend merchendise with each other.
>
> emo=elitist whinging.

Heh. Emo is when you straighten your long hair so that it obscures half your face and sit in your room crying.
Sat 28/05/05 at 11:48
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Clazon wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
>
> When I play clean I usually end up throwing together emo sounding
> stuff, so it's not my strong point.
>
> Gah. I still don't know what "emo" is or means or
> whatever.

it means people come to your gigs wearing scarves, t-shirts 3 sizes too small, messy hair and skateboard trainers. they stand around picking holes in the support acts for not being "real" enough until the headliners come on, when they shuffle to the front and compare Funeral for a Friend merchendise with each other.

emo=elitist whinging.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.