GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've seen Episode 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 10:05
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
*Post contains no spoilers* (even though we all knew what was going to happen anyway)

Went to an early morning showing which started at 1am this morning (which made me feel exceptionally geeky not to mention tired this morning) and speaking in the style of master Yoda, "like it you will".

George Lucas has nearly, very nearly, redeemed himself for the monumental balls-up that is EP1. The battle scenes (of which there are probably too many if you want to be overly critical, but I guess it is set during a war) are just stunning, the lightsaber fights are fantastic, and the Star Wars atmosphere is overall a bit more like the original series of films. The way the film ties all the ends together to set it up for A New Hope is also done brilliantly, and it left me with quite a satsified feeling to finally see the kind of closure we all knew was coming.

I'll leave the long-winded reviews which break down every aspect of the film in microscopic detail to others, and simply say it was a darn enjoyable film, not quite sure if you'd ever say it was better than EPs 4, 5 or 6, but it certainly dumps over EPs 1 & 2 from a very great height.
Sun 29/05/05 at 15:48
Regular
"you've got a beard"
J Nash wrote:
> [URL]http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/plokoon/index.html[/URL]
>
> For the record, I knew what his name was before I saw the film.

... wouldn't go shouting too loud about that one mate ;)
Sun 29/05/05 at 15:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
mad man 4 wrote:
> that still don't tell me why there eye do that!!!

The Darkside of the force corrupts the bodies of those that use it. Or something like that, could really do with a hardcore starwars geek in here.
Sun 29/05/05 at 11:34
Regular
"You've upset me"
Yeah, it would've been Darth Plagus (sp?). The Sith order used to be just like the Jedi order until it got wiped out by the Jedi and in-fighting years and years ago, it was then reformed (by someone I can't remember the name of) so that there would always be only two Sith's: a master and an apprentice. When the master dies, the apprentice becomes the master and takes on a new apprentice, or when the apprentice dies (as with Darth Maul and Count Dooku), a new one is taken on by the master. That's how the Sith order has continued quietly for hundreds of years.

I feel so cool right now...
Sun 29/05/05 at 09:47
Regular
"Luke, I am your father!" doesnt seem as shocking if you watch the prequels first. I'm sure my kids first exposure to Star Wars would be the same for the rest of us, old trilogy then new. I'm pretty sure which they would favour more too.

Would anyone else like to have seen Vader atleast kill some leftover jedi or do atleast something instead of the whole frankenstien's monster and the whole "Nooooo!" and then looking at the death star thing.

Notice how all the controls on the ship started to look crappy near the end. He made the prequels look like the future, where's all this advanced technology gone?
Sat 28/05/05 at 21:38
Regular
"bot"
Memorandum! wrote:
> 1) Because they're EVIL!!!!
Sat 28/05/05 at 21:36
Regular
"i own groovy land"
that still don't tell me why there eye do that!!!
Sat 28/05/05 at 21:30
Regular
"bot"
1) Because they're EVIL!!!!
2) speculation would say Darth Plagueis. I don't know if there is any official line on it though.
Sat 28/05/05 at 21:26
Regular
"i own groovy land"
someone...anyone...hello
Sat 28/05/05 at 21:02
Regular
"i own groovy land"
what the hell dude, just answer my thing and stop mesing me around
Sat 28/05/05 at 20:54
Regular
[URL]http://img15.exs.cx/img15/5727/stfupoint.gif[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.