GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've seen Episode 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 10:05
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
*Post contains no spoilers* (even though we all knew what was going to happen anyway)

Went to an early morning showing which started at 1am this morning (which made me feel exceptionally geeky not to mention tired this morning) and speaking in the style of master Yoda, "like it you will".

George Lucas has nearly, very nearly, redeemed himself for the monumental balls-up that is EP1. The battle scenes (of which there are probably too many if you want to be overly critical, but I guess it is set during a war) are just stunning, the lightsaber fights are fantastic, and the Star Wars atmosphere is overall a bit more like the original series of films. The way the film ties all the ends together to set it up for A New Hope is also done brilliantly, and it left me with quite a satsified feeling to finally see the kind of closure we all knew was coming.

I'll leave the long-winded reviews which break down every aspect of the film in microscopic detail to others, and simply say it was a darn enjoyable film, not quite sure if you'd ever say it was better than EPs 4, 5 or 6, but it certainly dumps over EPs 1 & 2 from a very great height.
Thu 09/06/05 at 23:13
Regular
"bot"
munn wrote:
> There was once lots and lots, and the Sith reembled the Jedi, but
> they were almost all wiped out, so they reverted to the
> master/apprentice system until they would (hopefully) gain power
> again.

AFAIK, that's not true. The system was reorganised because of their nature (bacstabbing, untrustworthy, evil). They didn't "revert" to the system, it was created by Darth Bane.

And, yes, if one of them dies there's obviously only going to be one for a while, but that's hardly relevant.
Thu 09/06/05 at 22:58
Regular
I was referring to the line after it

He said there are always two.

Although, technically, if there's a million Sith, there's still 2 etc.

But then again, what about when the apprentice dies?
There's only 1 at that point.

/nitpicking
Thu 09/06/05 at 22:42
But they aren't expanding in numbers...
Thu 09/06/05 at 22:41
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> How can the Sith expand in numbers?
> There are always 2. That's how their system works.
> Master, and Apprentice.

Not always.
There was once lots and lots, and the Sith reembled the Jedi, but they were almost all wiped out, so they reverted to the master/apprentice system until they would (hopefully) gain power again.

Yeah.

I read that the other day.
Thu 09/06/05 at 21:35
Regular
"bot"
Pringle28 wrote:
> Persoanlly I would have kept Maul alive and have him return in 3 to
> control the droid army. This could also symbolise the development of
> the sith as they are expanding in numbers

How can the Sith expand in numbers?
There are always 2. That's how their system works.
Master, and Apprentice.

> it was good and fitting with the plot but i hated the way mace was
> killed. he was such a strong and intrigueing character to see have
> his arm chopped off and simply pushed over the edge of senate
> building.

There was nothing wrong with the way he was killed. That scene was good.
Thu 09/06/05 at 21:24
"All Hail Before Me"
i have seen it 2 it is gud!
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:22
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
M@rk wrote:
> "Killing little kids to save your wife made no goddamn sense"

What? Yes it did. He was so scared of losing her, plus the fact that the Chancellor dude had complete control of him made him do all those things.

He was evil and he wanted to save her, but then he was so scared of her turning against him and not loving him that he killed her.

Reminds me of a poem that we studied at GCSE.
Thu 09/06/05 at 11:59
Regular
M@rk wrote:
> "Killing little kids to save your wife made no goddamn
> sense"

Neither does strangling your wife..
I think the point is that he was actually pretty evil by that time.

And *kashyyyk
Thu 09/06/05 at 11:23
Regular
Did anyone read Maddox's review of Episode 3? Apologises if it's been posted before.

[URL]http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3[/URL]

His artwork though crap really do make some good points about the movies I thought :)

I think Palpatine is a stupid name. I feel sorry for what's her name, umm the girl, she had such a big role in the first movie and in this one she did pretty much sod all.

There's a webcomic I go to regularly (Alpha Shade), they did a good 80minute audio review (slated the movie pretty much) of Episode 3. [URL]http://www.alpha-shade.com/GAudio/May05/Rant5-25-05b.mp3[/URL] listen to some of it if you have the time, I agree with pretty much everything they said.

"Killing little kids to save your wife made no goddamn sense"
Thu 09/06/05 at 00:59
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
>There were some properly tacky bits though, the naming of the children >sequnce for example, when Padmé just plucks the names out of the Force, >and then is unable to give her final words, and then kicks the >proverbial bucket.
>Also tacky was the "Becoming of Darth Vader". What exactly does Vader >mean? And why was he not Count Vader, like Count Dooku, Sidious' >previoud apprentice. Or maybe the question is why was it not Lord Dooku?

Count Dooku is his jedi name. Lord Tyranus is his sith name and he is probbably actually called Darth Tyranus but is just cassually reffered to as lord by the people below him like jango in episode 2. The same way the officers in episdoe 4 and 5 call Vader "lord Vader". All other sith lords throughout the entire collection are named darth. Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, and Darth Vader.

I did the marathon last Friday and enjoyed almost everything about 3. In the morning we watched 1 and 2 and then went to the cinema to see 3 in the afternoon. returned home in the evening and watched the last 3. started at 8.30 in the morning and didnt finish till 12. But was definately worth it.

Things I didnt enjoy however were:

They should have showed alot more of the Kashyk battle! it was really heating up with wookies flying out of the air adn blowing up the landing craft and then it just wiped to another scene! that deserved so much more screen time.

I thought Grievous was pretty poo. I hated the way he just pulled out all the lightsabres and casually said "my master taught me the ways of the lightsabre". it all seemed like they were just looking for someone or something to top Maul's coolness for ep1. Persoanlly I would have kept Maul alive and have him return in 3 to control the droid army. This could also symbolise the development of the sith as they are expanding in numbers

R2 once again had a load more new gadgets unseen in any of the other films. should have stuck to stuff he already had.

it was good and fitting with the plot but i hated the way mace was killed. he was such a strong and intrigueing character to see have his arm chopped off and simply pushed over the edge of senate building. persoanlly i would have had boba fett return now having trained in the ways of his father and the mandalorians and revenged his fathers death by killing mace in another extremely cool battle. but we cant have it all and it may have seemed out of place with the flow of the story.

Things i loved about the film:

The way in which all the ships began to resemble their counterparts in 4,5 and 6. The imperial shuttle, tie fighter, blockade runner, star destroyer and even the x wing to some extent were all hinted at somewhere in the film.

Anikans transition into Vader

The way in which all the jedi were ultimately wiped out by the troops they were fighting alongside. It was very emotional but very well done and appropriate. Ki adi mundi put up a good fight considering he was heavily out numbered.

I enjoyed the devlopment of Bail, I just wish they would have given him some more dialogue in 1 and 2 because he was a really intersting charcter who deserved alot more air time considering his extremely influential role in this final film.

Battle above Coruscant at the start was incredible

But ultimately what it was for me was Ewan mcgreggors performance. Almost brought a tear to my eye when he had his speech about fighting for the good of democracy. I also loved the way his mannerisms changed in these three films subtlely into those of Anec Guninness. He began to sound and look a little like him and when you watch episode 4 immiediately after you have so much new love for Obi Wann having known that he has watched all the ones hes loved fall around him.

I give the film 10/10 despite its faults for the sheer hurdle it has managed to leap in order to link the new films with the old.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.