GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've seen Episode 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 10:05
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
*Post contains no spoilers* (even though we all knew what was going to happen anyway)

Went to an early morning showing which started at 1am this morning (which made me feel exceptionally geeky not to mention tired this morning) and speaking in the style of master Yoda, "like it you will".

George Lucas has nearly, very nearly, redeemed himself for the monumental balls-up that is EP1. The battle scenes (of which there are probably too many if you want to be overly critical, but I guess it is set during a war) are just stunning, the lightsaber fights are fantastic, and the Star Wars atmosphere is overall a bit more like the original series of films. The way the film ties all the ends together to set it up for A New Hope is also done brilliantly, and it left me with quite a satsified feeling to finally see the kind of closure we all knew was coming.

I'll leave the long-winded reviews which break down every aspect of the film in microscopic detail to others, and simply say it was a darn enjoyable film, not quite sure if you'd ever say it was better than EPs 4, 5 or 6, but it certainly dumps over EPs 1 & 2 from a very great height.
Sat 21/05/05 at 13:51
Regular
"Touched!"
Sorry..that'll teach me for being up all night.
Sat 21/05/05 at 13:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ahem
Sat 21/05/05 at 13:47
Regular
"Touched!"
*SPOILER*

Really enjoyed it but there were still a few bit's that seemed a little odd. In Episode 6 (I think) Luke asks leah what her mother was like, Leah says she died when she was young but she was miserable etc. If that's the case then how would she remember that as Padmé dies as she was born? Or did she mean her step mother? (seen at the end of ROTS?). Apart from that it was good. Oh and how could Anakin turn so quickly? It just seemed like one minute he's fine then he just suddenly thinks "Sod this I'm going sith baby!"

*SPOILER END*
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:34
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> What happens to Jar Jar?

Jar Jar is in it.

You'll see.
Fri 20/05/05 at 12:52
Regular
"Touched!"
Off to see this tonight, looking forward to it. Seems to have had a lot of good things said about it.
Fri 20/05/05 at 12:19
My eyes are squinting, yet I still see white.

Ah, that's better. IE must be pro-Jar Jar.
Fri 20/05/05 at 12:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
lcarus wrote:
> What happens to Jar Jar?
>
> Anything less than this is unacceptable:
> [URL]http://img285.echo.cx/img285/2611/caption1920yd.jpg[/URL]

[URL]http://www.worth1000.com/entries/162000/162132yeGD_w.jpg[/URL]
Fri 20/05/05 at 12:08
What happens to Jar Jar?

Anything less than this is unacceptable:
[URL]http://img285.echo.cx/img285/2611/caption1920yd.jpg[/URL]
Fri 20/05/05 at 11:45
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
I found it very enjoyable. Some bits were badly done, some were brilliantly done. One of the things I noticed is that the cram so much plot into it (and into Ep I) that it makes me look back at Ep II and think, "Did anything really happen here?"

And I agree that Hayden Christithingy, who ruined Ep II for me, was much, much better.
Fri 20/05/05 at 08:02
Regular
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Heh, that's me told. Liking it doesn't make it any less of a
> balls up though. IMHO.

Now I'm lost. If people like a movie, the movie has done its job and can be considered good by those people. Other people can still dislike it and that's their opinion. You can add me to Ant's list. It may be weaker than the others, but it still had fantastic moments like the podrace and the Darth Maul fight. For me, it filled in parts of the story nicely and did the necessary building work.

As for Episode III - loved it. Even Hayden Christmas Sun had pulled himself together for this one and came out with a decent enough performance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.