GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've seen Episode 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 10:05
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
*Post contains no spoilers* (even though we all knew what was going to happen anyway)

Went to an early morning showing which started at 1am this morning (which made me feel exceptionally geeky not to mention tired this morning) and speaking in the style of master Yoda, "like it you will".

George Lucas has nearly, very nearly, redeemed himself for the monumental balls-up that is EP1. The battle scenes (of which there are probably too many if you want to be overly critical, but I guess it is set during a war) are just stunning, the lightsaber fights are fantastic, and the Star Wars atmosphere is overall a bit more like the original series of films. The way the film ties all the ends together to set it up for A New Hope is also done brilliantly, and it left me with quite a satsified feeling to finally see the kind of closure we all knew was coming.

I'll leave the long-winded reviews which break down every aspect of the film in microscopic detail to others, and simply say it was a darn enjoyable film, not quite sure if you'd ever say it was better than EPs 4, 5 or 6, but it certainly dumps over EPs 1 & 2 from a very great height.
Sat 21/05/05 at 22:25
Regular
"bot"
Alfonse wrote:
> Why doesn't that green fella yoga or whatever his name is die? He
> looks about 350 years old.

Sat 21/05/05 at 22:20
Regular
Why doesn't that green fella yoga or whatever his name is die? He looks about 350 years old.
Sat 21/05/05 at 21:30
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Also, if you don't want Vader to know where his son is, then why name
> the baby Luke Skywalker and send him to Vader's old home town? The
> Jedi might have been good fighters but they're rubbish at Witness
> Protection.

*SPOILER*

As far as Anakin is concerned, Padme died before giving birth.
Sat 21/05/05 at 21:13
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Also, if you don't want Vader to know where his son is, then why name the baby Luke Skywalker and send him to Vader's old home town? The Jedi might have been good fighters but they're rubbish at Witness Protection.
Sat 21/05/05 at 21:04
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> *SPOILER*
>
>
>
> Really enjoyed it but there were still a few bit's that seemed a
> little odd. In Episode 6 (I think) Luke asks leah what her mother was
> like, Leah says she died when she was young but she was miserable etc.
> If that's the case then how would she remember that as Padmé
> dies as she was born? Or did she mean her step mother? (seen at the
> end of ROTS?). Apart from that it was good. Oh and how could Anakin
> turn so quickly? It just seemed like one minute he's fine then he
> just suddenly thinks "Sod this I'm going sith baby!"
>
>
>
>
> *SPOILER END*

Also that needs adding here is that Obi-Wan knew of Leah in this film but in Episode 5 he tells Yoda if luke fails it is over and Yoda says no "there is another"...

Did Obi-Wan not know that?
Sat 21/05/05 at 20:17
Regular
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Alfonse wrote:
> I'm not a big star wars fan so I don't get it we all knew that
> anakin
> skywalker was darth vader so why do we need to watch a movie about
> him becoming him if you know what I mean. Oh yeah the movie was
> great
> though i like that hunchback robot with the six lightsabres. he was
> cool.
>
> Punctuation is not a crime. Sorry.

You should be.
Sat 21/05/05 at 20:17
Regular
"Swivel!"
Best Film Ever. Saw it on the day it came out, and cinema was practically empty. Great Film. And upon watching the credits i saw that Yoda is played by a guy called Frank Oz. Couldn't have done it without ya' Franky Baby!
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:51
Regular
"Excellent"
Two words GREAT FILM

Special effects were good, surprisingly Hayden Christiensen did a credible performance as Anakin Skywalker (pity he didnt do it in Episode II) and Ewan McGregor was also half decent but a 9/10 for me
Sat 21/05/05 at 17:13
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Alfonse wrote:
> I'm not a big star wars fan so I don't get it we all knew that anakin
> skywalker was darth vader so why do we need to watch a movie about
> him becoming him if you know what I mean. Oh yeah the movie was great
> though i like that hunchback robot with the six lightsabres. he was
> cool.

Punctuation is not a crime. Sorry.
Sat 21/05/05 at 16:44
Regular
I'm not a big star wars fan so I don't get it we all knew that anakin skywalker was darth vader so why do we need to watch a movie about him becoming him if you know what I mean. Oh yeah the movie was great though i like that hunchback robot with the six lightsabres. he was cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.