GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The word "love"..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/05/05 at 15:24
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Love is just too complex to explain in words. Real love is wonderful, it's an emotion we all take for granted. Now, it's been said on here before that's it's over-used, and they were right. People can say that they love a nice cup of tea, but it doesn't make it true.

Back in October, my course did T.I.E and toured and performed to several secondary schools. We went to each school by minibus, and it was on one journey where I had a slight disagreement with the girl I like. I apologised, and she forgave me. I asked light-heartedly, "Do you still love me?". She replied with, "Love's a strong word, Hibernator". I thought about this, and now I stop over-using the word.

Meanwhile, over this last three weeks, the same girl has said she loves me two or three times. I'm not used to hearing the word directed at me apart from my mother or sister etc; and it honestly feels quite weird. While I don't take it to heart and think that it means something, it's made me question. I asked my friend Lucy yesterday if she loves her boyfriend, she said she didn't know, I comforted her with the "love's a strong word" malarchy. Then I told her I love her, and again felt awkward. I shouldn't, as it's just a word, but I do.

The point in this rant: You can say you love someone, and you can say someone is lovely... but they are two very different things.
Fri 13/05/05 at 19:19
Regular
Ermmm. The fifteenth shall be now be known as Hoju the greats birthday.
Fri 13/05/05 at 19:14
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Ye olde 13th of Mai will be henceforth known as the day Light crossed ye olde line.
Ugly to the bone indeed.
Let us not resort to insulting of people's attractiveness, but rather of each other's religion and the colour of their skin.
Fri 13/05/05 at 19:06
Regular
I have never actually spoken the words "I love you". Pretty sad right?
Fri 13/05/05 at 18:37
Regular
Yikes..I think Light is the devil.
Fri 13/05/05 at 17:46
Regular
The Hibernator wrote:
> There was an awkward silence both times, and a little glance at each
> other. Again, it's just one of them words.

okies.
Is this the same girl you're talking about in General Chat?
You're letting her make all these moves and you're practically blanking them?
I would go into "imagine if you were the one that blah blah" but you're already thinking too much.

You seem to be holding back unless you're 100% certain you know where you stand. You're blowing it. Forget everything.
You like her. Just show it. You care. Show it.
If she loves you then that's fantastic but it's not worth worrying about.

Besides, if it was that true love then you'd care simply care for her whether she loves you back. There's more to loving someone than "having" them...
Stop caring where it's going, just go with it and find out.

The more you're wondering about what should be, the more you're missing what IS.

Sheesh... would you look at that?
I should probably go get me a girlfriend of my own...
Fri 13/05/05 at 17:20
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Celestine wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> No, I am.
> And I say that you should run to the toilet, stand with one leg on
> the sink and rub yourself like a lotto instant ticket.
>
> hehe..YES SIRR!!! :D

...and whilst you're there, you can drink a bottle of bleach to wash the pills down. Two birds, one stone.
Fri 13/05/05 at 17:08
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> No, I am.
> And I say that you should run to the toilet, stand with one leg on
> the sink and rub yourself like a lotto instant ticket.

hehe..YES SIRR!!! :D
Fri 13/05/05 at 16:54
Regular
I don't know what love means. I don't think I love anyone, not even my own parents.
Fri 13/05/05 at 16:45
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Celestine wrote:

>
> If deliberately attempting to cause upset to someone in order to
> boost my own ego, is so wrong..what makes it so right for you? And,
> I am sassy, because I can be. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
> Like you're the utmost authority on how a woman should behave...psh.

So; you said you wanted to make me angry? Well done; you've done so. Are you still enjoying it? Still having difficulty typing cos you're laughing so much? I love when you get so self-righteous as you have to reap what you've sown.

Did I say it was right? Am I trying to justify it? Nope. And don't worry; I don't hate you because you're beautiful. I pity you for being ugly to the bone.

Now go on; kill yourself. I'll be happy to explain to your kid that mommy was worthless anyway, no-one liked her, and there was actually a party when the news of your messy death was released.
Fri 13/05/05 at 16:44
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.