GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The word "love"..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/05/05 at 15:24
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Love is just too complex to explain in words. Real love is wonderful, it's an emotion we all take for granted. Now, it's been said on here before that's it's over-used, and they were right. People can say that they love a nice cup of tea, but it doesn't make it true.

Back in October, my course did T.I.E and toured and performed to several secondary schools. We went to each school by minibus, and it was on one journey where I had a slight disagreement with the girl I like. I apologised, and she forgave me. I asked light-heartedly, "Do you still love me?". She replied with, "Love's a strong word, Hibernator". I thought about this, and now I stop over-using the word.

Meanwhile, over this last three weeks, the same girl has said she loves me two or three times. I'm not used to hearing the word directed at me apart from my mother or sister etc; and it honestly feels quite weird. While I don't take it to heart and think that it means something, it's made me question. I asked my friend Lucy yesterday if she loves her boyfriend, she said she didn't know, I comforted her with the "love's a strong word" malarchy. Then I told her I love her, and again felt awkward. I shouldn't, as it's just a word, but I do.

The point in this rant: You can say you love someone, and you can say someone is lovely... but they are two very different things.
Sun 15/05/05 at 10:59
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Celestine wrote:
> I didn't go out of my way to do crap to Light. I talk to everyone
> the same around here and I'm consistent with the *hugs* thingy
> anyhoo.

Celestine wrote:
> Although I knew that continuing in discussion with him would most likely > irritate the bejesus out of him because he loves me to infinite > depths..so, to that yes..I did purposefully, yet playfully, prod him.

So you didn't jump into the "Why you should vote today" thread, make a personal attack on Light, then admit at the end of your post that you didn't even know what the thread was about?

Gee, sorry, my mistake...

In addition, you "followed him around the forum" simply to make a personal attack. Aren't you accusing Icarus of doing exactly the same? Hypocritical yes?

I'm not attacking you here before you start, just making a couple of observations. Practise what you preach.
Sun 15/05/05 at 10:59
Regular
My bad... :-(
Sun 15/05/05 at 10:53
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Although there is a swear filter on the site to stop innappropriate text from appearing, it cannot possibly cover every eventuality so we ask you to be vigilant and report any bad language using the links provided. Trying to break the swear filter will result in a warning, and if the user persists in misbehaving then we will issue a banning. Please keep the forums clean.

Just stop it Strafio, it's dirtying up the world as we know it.
Sun 15/05/05 at 10:52
Regular
Go for it Hibey!
In the meantime:

Strafio wrote:
> Light, Icarus, Celestine... out! All of you!
> Sure the topic was gay but that's the way we like it! :-P

[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=124581&forumid=4006[/URL] you trolling mofo's! :-P
Sun 15/05/05 at 10:18
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I think Celeste's a man.
A man named Jeremy.
Second name Irons.
Sun 15/05/05 at 09:47
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Strafio wrote:
> Light, Icarus, Celestine... out! All of you!
> Sure the topic was gay but that's the way we like it! :-P

Damn right ; ^ )

Anyway, I'm going to go with your hand-holding idea...
Sun 15/05/05 at 08:20
Celestine wrote:
I was merely making note of your demeanor in that
> thread, when you became nasty and attacking. I defended myself and,
> since then, I've been your target.

Talk about being two faced. Last I recall, you were insulting me like some possessed bit ch, based on my yellow warning tag and - wait for it - the nerve to argue with Grixy baby!

Celestine wrote:
Just because someone disagree’s with you, you don’t go around slandering them.

Ahaha, you should *really* practice what you preach, Celeste. And why do you persist with the "Stop trying to degrade me" comment whenever you can't come up with any further plausible reply? You seem to be doing a perfect job of it yourself. Just an observation.

At the time, Grix knows that any half hearted comments towards each other are exactly that - not to be taken to heart. In fact, why don't you ask him yourself if he was bothered by what I said? You are after all, partners.
Sun 15/05/05 at 08:08
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
I'd call a group hug, but there are two reasons against it:

1) This is the internet. Cyber Hugging is Hedfix's department
2) I'll end up with my head on a stick
Sun 15/05/05 at 06:22
Regular
lcarus wrote:
>Stuff trying to vindicate himself from his apparent immaturity.

What I know to be true is that once again, Icarus, you're trying so direly to thwart the responsibility of your irrational behaviour, by trying to degrade me. I wish everyone would go read that thread. Then they'd know that you were quite condescending of Grix for having an opinion opposed to your own about Kentucky Fried Chicken, of all petty things. I was merely making note of your demeanor in that thread, when you became nasty and attacking. I defended myself and, since then, I've been your target.

Regardless of my attempts to get you to let up, you’ve still persisted in trying to make some example of me. If backing up my guy is so wrong, then let me be the example for all to behold!!! I'll stand here proudly in that regard.

That’s love. And everytime I say it, it’s genuinely from my heart. There isn’t anything complicated or superficial about it. I love you my friend, but not your behaviour.

I have not wavered from my original position with you in that KFC thread. To this day, I'm still telling you your behaviour is less than admirable. I’m still telling you to check it. I’m still telling you to lighten up and take circumstances of that nature at surface value. You have your opinions and so do I. So does Grix. So does everyone else. Just because someone disagree’s with you, you don’t go around slandering them. Again, life would be so much more enjoyable if you didn't harbor such resentment, Icarus.

But no..you just follow me around these forums inciting every instance possible to condemn me where someone might have the slightest opposing views to my own, throw in some derogatory comment of your confused belief of my character and take up arms when I try to defend myself.

That is immature.

This is really all I have to say to you. If you come back with anything else other than having eaten some humble pie, then I'll know that you don't want to put forth any effort at a peaceful existence here on these forums and I beg you to leave me alone.
Sun 15/05/05 at 05:15
Heh, I'm sure there's love in the room, just falsified in Celeste's case.

Celestine wrote:
I don't know what
> it's going to take for you to just get over Grix and I moaning at
> you..what, a whole month ago? It seems you're taking your aggression
> out on me, because you perceive me to be weak or something.. and that
> makes you even more dispicable.

It *was* orignally Grix and myself disagreeing on something. You know that, and anyone who reads that thread will know it. It's what we do in a discussion forum. As for taking it out on just you, well... why would I pick on Grix when he never made derogatory comments? No love, that was just you.

> Stop stalking me, Icarus.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.