GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/03/05 at 00:15
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
What do you think of the whole idea of getting married?

I had this talk with my boyfriend. He wants to get married whereas I think that we don't need a piece of paper to show how much we love each other.

Am I missing the point of marriage?

I know I want to be with my boyfriend for the rest of my life, I just don't see why I need to get married to show that.

Though to be honest, I'll proberly get married eventually and do the traditional thing.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I just couldn't be bothered.

Family members, partner's family members, fancy dressing, public speaking, cheap catering food. Eurgh
Regular
"Captain to you."
Puddin' wrote:
> And the wedding colours are red and white, and my engagement ring is
> white gold with a heart shaped diamond :o)

Had you already said yes?
Regular
The wedding colours should be black and grey. Like a true goth. Not like you posers.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:58
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Well, I'm going to get married since I don't want to have children out of wedlock, don't ask me why. Apparently that is 'such a bad reason'. He says that I should get married because I want to, but everyone wants to get married for their own different reason and this is mine.

And the wedding colours are red and white, and my engagement ring is going to be white gold with a heart shaped diamond :o)

[URL]http://www.diamonds-usa.com/include/diamond_for_jewel.asp?JSI=41&SHI=7&GUID={544D2ADD-795F-41B3-91F5-704F2F5DF71C}[/URL]
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:54
Regular
Chippxero wrote:
> i haven't heard of anyone that has said planning a wedding wasn't
> stressful,

Again, I expect that's because they made it stressful out of choice. Weddings don't actually require all that much planning to be legal.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Puddin' wrote:
> And 'become one'..I'm my own person and so is my boyfriend.

Well that's the whole point of marriage - to show how much you love the other person by imparting part of yourself to them. If you don't want to do that then don't get married.

> We become
> one every night thanks ;o)

Yeah thanks I really don't care.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:53
Regular
;o)

But he also mentioned the tax benefits and things, which is correct. If you love someone, there are more reasons to get married than not.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
basically if you don't feel like getting married is what you want, then don't do it.

You'll know if you want to get married because you'll actually want to do it.
Regular
"Captain to you."
J Nash wrote:
> It doesn't have to be though, it only is mostly because people make
> it so for no reason.

i haven't heard of anyone that has said planning a wedding wasn't stressful, But your right about the finacial side of it, can be a nice cerimony without alot of money.

look at Creepy and Grix they will get married in World Of Warcraft and it will look lovely.
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
gerrid wrote:
> It's not just a piece of paper. The whole point is that you are
> showing your partner that you love them so much that you want to
> become one with them in the eyes of God and the law. It's not about
> the ceremony or the marriage certificate.

See, I'm not religous (as you can tell by the fact I can't spell it). Why would people need to get married to show their partner how much they love them?

And 'become one'..I'm my own person and so is my boyfriend. We become one every night thanks ;o)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.