GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does God exist?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/03/05 at 16:51
Regular
Does God exist? if he did what came before him?
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:30
Regular
"Light of the world"
Flock wrote:
> I heard someone say a while ago that if he exists the believers will
> profit and those who dont will miss out, they then added that if he
> doesn't exist we're all worm food and everyone misses out trying to
> say you have nothing to lose by believing and he was right.
> What he missed was that you can't choose to believe, you can try, you
> can hope but you either do or you dont. Trying to get people to start
> to believing in god is like a door to door salemans trying to get a
> sale from someone homeless, all the effort in the world wont get you
> anywhere because the faith just isn't there.

Thats exactly it.

Fact is God has chosen those that will come to him before he created the world. Its my job to sell God. Im his rep on earth as scary as that is I rejoice he has chosen me to do so.

I think its a pretty cool title.
By faith people come to him.. but it is not us who choose. We turn to him its him that has chosen us. You turn to him? He has chosen you. You go off and pray and say to him that you want to know once and for all his worth and truths and you want to seek him with all your heart. By golly will you find him. Because he has found you.
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:26
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I heard someone say a while ago that if he exists the believers will profit and those who dont will miss out, they then added that if he doesn't exist we're all worm food and everyone misses out trying to say you have nothing to lose by believing and he was right.
What he missed was that you can't choose to believe, you can try, you can hope but you either do or you dont. Trying to get people to start to believing in god is like a door to door salemans trying to get a sale from someone homeless, all the effort in the world wont get you anywhere because the faith just isn't there.
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:19
Regular
"Light of the world"
Infact, my words are puny..

I'd just say get an NIV or new living or some kind of translation that you can actually understand (instead of 'thou hatheth ...')

and read Luke.

Its good book and then ask some questions. Worth checking whole thing out. (understatement of yr)

Ya.
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:14
Regular
"Light of the world"
Im afraid thats what the bible says to though.

Infact we all same really. There is not one person that doesnt reject God - Me being a christian doesnt make me any more holy its by his grace I am saved.

Fact is if we are walking away from him wanting to be a mini God 'I can do nicely by myself thankyou even though i cant explain why I am here in first place.. I am alive so I gonna do things MY way'. If we are gonna keep rejecting God. Keep being our own Gods. Keep walking other way then expect when we die and find O there was a God and a reason for my living 'Ok heaven here it comes as there was a God after all..'

He is gonna say 'Who are you?' ... Of course he is almighty and knows exactly who you are. ...But after a lifetime of rejection from God and not knowing him how are you then going to spend eternity with him...its not going to be the loving God in which you knew loved you and adored you -

But he knew we would do this - he made everything and we reject him and he still is God. He owes us nothing. But he died for us.. so yea.. it kinda does matter if you choose the fact he did die for you so he could love you and you could know him back. Because he is just and fair and has to punish sin. But he loves us so he took that sin upon himself and died for us..

I am changed because of this. Mock away but I would rather be here telling other people what he has done for me and my life and how free and awesome my life is now. And how amazing it is to know where i came from and where i going!
Sat 02/04/05 at 22:59
Regular
Argh!

Not the "two ways to live" thing!
I thought it was something that the Christian Union group had come up with.
But no. It's there, WITH THE EXACT SAME PICTURES!!! :-O

It basically tells you that God made you and loved you and you screw him over by not doing everything he says. But God's nice and forgives you on condition that you get to know his Son.

So there are two ways to live:
1. Have a relationship with Jesus for eternal life
2. Reject and rebel against God and get the eternal damnation you deserve.

So be a Christian or burn in hell.
Your choice.

Because God was only smart enough to provide us with two options in life... :-S

(Sorry 'ginge, didn't mean to make make fun or anything, but the "two ways of living" thing does wind me up a little :-))
Sat 02/04/05 at 22:26
Regular
"Light of the world"
ya thanks...

I am no computer genius :)
Sat 02/04/05 at 22:25
Regular
"0228"
[URL]http://www.matthiasmedia.com.au/2wtl/[/URL]
Sat 02/04/05 at 22:22
Regular
"Light of the world"
copy and paste it...
Sat 02/04/05 at 22:21
Regular
"0228"
*clicks*

The link doesn't work.
Sat 02/04/05 at 22:10
Regular
"Light of the world"
well I think you guys know what I believe...

But I am not a number 1 ace evangelist..by no means.

Here is a website which explains the bibles view and christian view of your question.

www.matthiasmedia.com.au/2wtl/

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.