GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why I Like Mourinho"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/03/05 at 10:51
Regular
Because his players want to play for him. Simple as that. You see him running out onto the pitch after Barca and hugging JT and Lamps. Drogba, as much I hate him, runs to him after the West Brom goal. Joey Joey Cole attributes his form to him. And I reckon Paulo Ferreira actually lives at Jose's house as his son.

And you compare this to Rafa Benitez. I get bored listening to him. He doesn't explain his stupid subsitutions (You need a win, so obviously the way to do this is to bring off Baros for Nunez) and you hear nothing about the players bond with him. Jamie Carragher chats about playing for Liverpool, not Benitez. That's the difference. I just wish we had someone like Mourinho.

Who cares if he makes a comment about Frisk? It was an unbelievable sending off. Not his fault the majority of Chelsea fans are stupid Londoners.

Sometimes I dream he hadn't turned down Liverpool. I wonder if we would've kept Stevie then, instead of being resigned to him going to Chelsea/Real in the summer and being lumbered with players like Josemi and Nunez.
Tue 22/03/05 at 20:51
Regular
Jules wrote:
> and we WILL finish fourth, everton arent playing well and there are
> still 24 points to play for. how many of those do you think everton will
> get..??

Who knows? Liverpool arent playing particularly well either.
You'll look like a mug now if you don't finish 4th.
Tue 22/03/05 at 20:47
Regular
"This is my tagline"
i was just saying how you cant compare mourinio with benitez as they are mourinio is in a much easier situation than benitez is. and we WILL finish fourth, everton arent playing well and there are still 24 points to play for. how many of those do you think everton will get..??
Tue 22/03/05 at 20:39
Regular
Jules wrote:
> Two things:
>
> 1) i dont see you can be a true liverpool supporter if u criticise
> the manager in this way .

Bollards. The whole 'true fan' business is BS, different degrees of loyalty apply but there is no such thing as a 'true fan', it doesn't make sense.

>will probably finish fourth in the league.

What makes you say that? Why probably? Still 4 points off yet you say probably? Wish i was as optimistic as you were about my club.

> 2) there is no way we can judge whether mourinio is a good manager or
> not, at chelsea he has so many world-class players that any manager
> could just put them on the pitch and expect them to produce the
> results.

Ranieri had the same resources but couldn't do it. He still has to buy, pick and nurture the right players, trust me it's not flipping easy, you speak as if it's a doddle. The major flaw in your argument is that he IS a very good manager, look what he achieved at Porto on such a comparatively small budget. I don't think many managers would have done so well with Chelsea as he has so far.
Tue 22/03/05 at 20:07
Regular
"This is my tagline"
Two things:

1) i dont see you can be a true liverpool supporter if u criticise the manager in this way . he's only been here for half a season, and uve seen how players like pellengrino and garcia take ages to become accustomed to the english league, well imagine how hard it is for a manager. i knwo we havent had a great season but we r still in the champions league and will probably finish fourth in the league. we have been unlucky in loads of games, such as Tiago's handball in the area, and some things have happened that are out of his control, such as the ridiculous number of injuries we have had and that shambolic own goal by traore that knocked us out of the FA Cup.

2) there is no way we can judge whether mourinio is a good manager or not, at chelsea he has so many world-class players that any manager could just put them on the pitch and expect them to produce the results. It's not so easy at liverpool, we can't just keep buying better players until we win the league.
Tue 22/03/05 at 19:55
Regular
"This is my tagline"
tell me about it
bring on juve!! (and bolton)
Tue 22/03/05 at 19:54
Regular
"This is my tagline"
tell me about it
bring on juve!!! (and bolton)
Mon 21/03/05 at 09:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Nice to see Liverpool so happy after beating Everton - the team hug etc and Rafa all wavy.
Fri 18/03/05 at 21:08
Regular
Baros has been crap for quite a while now...if Cisse returns as good as he was before he broke his leg then Baros can say bye-bye to the starting 11.

Kewell is a waste right now...either let him do the operation and then see how he is once he has recovered or release him as he's no use to you like this.
Fri 18/03/05 at 19:41
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Stryke wrote:

> I support. Doesn't mean that I can't be dissatisfied with the
> performance of the team. I never put the team down, they put the
> effort in. Injuries aside, they've been subjected to some stupid line
> ups and substitutions without explanation.

We all get "dissatisfied" but all managers make mistakes and many of Benitez's decisions have been mad but I still have 100% confidence in him.

> Benitez's treatment of
> Baros recently has been appalling.

Well since returning from his hamstring injury Baros has been playing appalling and he probably knows that with no other competition for his place he is a certain starter. Well then why shouldn't Rafa leave him out of the team to show him he is unhappy with his performances although it wasn't wise employing this in th CC final. I think his performance against Leverkusen shows that the treatment worked.

Our best players this season have
> been been Baros, Carragher and Riise. Yet Riise wasn't even in the
> starting line up at Blackburn

Yeah that was a terrile decision. Riise is top quality!

> he's accusing Kewell of faking injuries.

There is something odd going on there and I am not that confident commenting on it but I think Kewell is a waste of £60,000+ a week. If he needs the operation then so be it. It would be wise to give him one more injury free season to prove himself. I do feel he is exaggerating his injuries and I trust the physios when they say he will be ok in 3 weeks.

> Josemi and Nunez are just as bad, if not worse, than people like
> Diouf and Traore. Nunez wasn't free, he was part of one of the worst
> deals ever.

Hey Traore is a Superstar! No matter once Evra comes Traore will be used as cover anyway. Josemi and Nunez won't get a look in next season and in my opinion will fill a void if players are injured.

> You're so wise.

This I know.
Fri 18/03/05 at 19:15
Regular
KOPKING wrote:
>
> I would take Rafa over Mourinho anyday. Don't tell me you are one of
> the fickle fans who are constantly putting the team and the manager
> down?! Our job as fans of the club is to "Support" hence
> our title "Supporters". Trust in Rafa he is the man to
> bring the title back to Anfield!

--

I support. Doesn't mean that I can't be dissatisfied with the performance of the team. I never put the team down, they put the effort in. Injuries aside, they've been subjected to some stupid line ups and substitutions without explanation. Benitez's treatment of Baros recently has been appalling. Our best players this season have been been Baros, Carragher and Riise. Yet Riise wasn't even in the starting line up at Blackburn and Baros didn't even make the Carling Cup Final. He was dropped - for Harry Kewell, who's dreadful. And now he's accusing Kewell of faking injuries.

--

>
> And just how often do these players play??? Nunez was free and Josemi
> was £2 million. They were purchased to give the squad a bit of
> depth. Something that is severly lacking at Anfield.
His squad is
> mostly made up of Houlliers crap. When he has a squad made up from
> the players he wants playing the way he wants then feel free to judge
> him.

--

Josemi and Nunez are just as bad, if not worse, than people like Diouf and Traore. Nunez wasn't free, he was part of one of the worst deals ever.

--

Remember Rome wan't built in a day, don't expect Liverpool to
> challange for the title for a year or two yet.

--

You're so wise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.