GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why I Like Mourinho"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/03/05 at 10:51
Regular
Because his players want to play for him. Simple as that. You see him running out onto the pitch after Barca and hugging JT and Lamps. Drogba, as much I hate him, runs to him after the West Brom goal. Joey Joey Cole attributes his form to him. And I reckon Paulo Ferreira actually lives at Jose's house as his son.

And you compare this to Rafa Benitez. I get bored listening to him. He doesn't explain his stupid subsitutions (You need a win, so obviously the way to do this is to bring off Baros for Nunez) and you hear nothing about the players bond with him. Jamie Carragher chats about playing for Liverpool, not Benitez. That's the difference. I just wish we had someone like Mourinho.

Who cares if he makes a comment about Frisk? It was an unbelievable sending off. Not his fault the majority of Chelsea fans are stupid Londoners.

Sometimes I dream he hadn't turned down Liverpool. I wonder if we would've kept Stevie then, instead of being resigned to him going to Chelsea/Real in the summer and being lumbered with players like Josemi and Nunez.
Wed 23/03/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Colourless"
You lot are all obsessing over the influence of Robben. I would be really interested to see how many points we've lost when Duff has been playing. He gets no credit.... :(

EDIT: Granted, Robben is genius :)
Wed 23/03/05 at 21:33
Regular
Lipe VS ortega continued....

Robben

Chelsea have dropped 9 points this season without Robben, and only 4 with him in the team. If Chelsea were robbenless this season, and you assume that this dropping points ratio remained the same then Chelsea would only be 6 points ahead of man utd which is not much at all considering they have to play utd and arsenal still.

Mourinho as best manager in the world

No denying he isnt a great manager, but he just isnt in the same league yet as people like Capello who won serie A 3 seasons in a row + beat Cruyff's Barcelona 4-0 in the champs league final.

Plus i dont think Porto are that smaller a club. They had won the Europeon cup more times than Arsenal before mourinho came along and
Wed 23/03/05 at 18:12
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> > Nice tactics Stryke...I think it might work but Gerrard on the right?
> I don't really see him being comfortable there...he'd probably leave
> if he was forced to play on the right. It would probably work better
> with Luis Garcia on the right.

--

Garcia could only play as a wing-forward in that formation. Use him if Cisse or Baros gets injured (probable). It wouldn't be Stevie on the right, as such. Think about how Chelsea play it. It'd be Stevie in the Lamps role.
Wed 23/03/05 at 17:37
Regular
or†ega wrote:
> You have to take Robben and Cech into account as Ranieri didnt have
> them at his disposal. The robben influence has been huge. Chelsea
> only went top of the league after he came back from his injury.

Yeah but before that Mourinho played a much more defensive game as he knew Chelsea's attack lacked a lot. All of those 1-0 wins contributed to the massive gap they have right now in the premiership and without them I doubt they'd be that far ahead...all Chelsea did was score and close the defence and no one could get through. Now that Robben is back they open up a bit more even if they are in the lead.

> Wernt Arsenal favourites at the start of the season?

Yes but there was also a lot of pressure on Chelsea to challenge them.

> Still think Mourinho has a while to go before he can be classed the
> best manager in the world. He's up there no doubt, but is still
> behind the likes of Capello in my mind and will always be until he
> wins consecutive titles in one of the top leagues (not saying he
> wont)

Mourinho won the champions league with a fairly unknown team in Europe...he dominated football with a fairly unknown team...you don't see many managers doing that do you?

Nice tactics Stryke...I think it might work but Gerrard on the right? I don't really see him being comfortable there...he'd probably leave if he was forced to play on the right. It would probably work better with Luis Garcia on the right.
Wed 23/03/05 at 17:06
Regular
Benitez could learn a lot from Mourinto i.e. the "fashionable" 4-3-3 style of play for next season. I bet you anything he won't play Cisse, Baros and Morientes together because he's too rigid with his system. But they're three of his most talented players.

Finnan - Carragher - Hyypia - Warnock

Gerrard - Alonso- Riise

Cisse - Morientes - Baros

I know it didn't work when Sven played it, but he used Andy Johnson, OK? Cisse and Baros both have pace to burn and like dragging players out wide with their runs. Baros, although not naturally left-footed, would have Riise to back him up. I reckon playing like this would force defenders to move out of their positions to pick up Cisse and Baros, giving just that little bit more space for Morientes to head the ball. And the lad likes to do that. With Alonso spraying out the passes, it'd be great.

But in the World of Rafa 4-4-2 is the way forward. He even has a tough time with 4-4-1-1.
Wed 23/03/05 at 16:56
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yeh but as money is no issue for Chelsea, they have a better squad and are far more equipped to overcome a few injuries i.e. Joe Cole coming in for Robben.

A few key injuries for Liverpool and they would struggle.
Wed 23/03/05 at 16:33
Regular
"Colourless"
Ant wrote:
> I see what you're saying Stryke, but I think you're being a little
> harsh. Benitez HAS been terribly unlucky with injuries, and the squad
> was very disjointed at the beginning of the season.

It's true, but in fairness, Jose has been very unlucky with injuries as well.... Robben has broken his foot twice this season, Bridge (our only left back) out for the season, Huth was out for 3 months or so, Duff missed the first couple of months, Drogba's been out for about 3 months in total....
Wed 23/03/05 at 16:09
Regular
Ant wrote:
>
>
> And he went to the bar with Liverpool fans in Germany. :P

--

Yeah, liverpoolfc.tv loved that, didn't they?
Wed 23/03/05 at 16:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
I see what you're saying Stryke, but I think you're being a little harsh. Benitez HAS been terribly unlucky with injuries, and the squad was very disjointed at the beginning of the season.

Look what he's done with players like Traore and Biscan - he's brought out the best in them. He's also introduced the youngsters, Stephen Warnock being the best example, and he's also helped Carragher to become one of, if not the best centre halfs in the Premiership this season.

We certainly haven't been consistent enough, but that should come with a little more time...fourth place is achievable, and hey, we're in the quarter finals of the Champions League!

And he went to the bar with Liverpool fans in Germany. :P
Wed 23/03/05 at 12:40
Regular
Well, Mourinho certainly does not have an easier job than Benitez. People have told you why already - getting superstars to play together, forming a team from nothing, sustaining it, pressure that unlimited spending power brings - but I'll repeat it in the vain hope you will process it.

And as for Benitez having a hard job? All we want is a 4th place finish. For all the criticism of Houllier, he managed it. And, I might add, with a far poorer squad than Benitez. This is a squad in which Diouf and Heskey played the worst football of their careers. A squad in which, for the last year, Mikey looked increasingly distracted. A squad which Stevie was forced to carry by himself.

This season, he had Xabi Alonso, one of the best midfield players in the world, for half the season. He has Fernando Morientes, one of the best strikers in the world. We have Luis Garcia, who I think is brilliant. Milan Baros was one of the best strikers in the Premiership for the first half of the season.

Last season, Houllier had to fend off Newcastle, who had Given, Shearer and the like. This season, we're behind Everton.

Big difference.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.