GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why I Like Mourinho"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/03/05 at 10:51
Regular
Because his players want to play for him. Simple as that. You see him running out onto the pitch after Barca and hugging JT and Lamps. Drogba, as much I hate him, runs to him after the West Brom goal. Joey Joey Cole attributes his form to him. And I reckon Paulo Ferreira actually lives at Jose's house as his son.

And you compare this to Rafa Benitez. I get bored listening to him. He doesn't explain his stupid subsitutions (You need a win, so obviously the way to do this is to bring off Baros for Nunez) and you hear nothing about the players bond with him. Jamie Carragher chats about playing for Liverpool, not Benitez. That's the difference. I just wish we had someone like Mourinho.

Who cares if he makes a comment about Frisk? It was an unbelievable sending off. Not his fault the majority of Chelsea fans are stupid Londoners.

Sometimes I dream he hadn't turned down Liverpool. I wonder if we would've kept Stevie then, instead of being resigned to him going to Chelsea/Real in the summer and being lumbered with players like Josemi and Nunez.
Wed 23/03/05 at 12:33
Regular
"This is my tagline"
Stryke wrote:
> True fan? Shut up, whoever said that. Can't even be bothered to scroll
> down to see who you are. Just because I realise that our manager
> isn't the bestest man in the whole wide world doesn't mean I'd be
> taking a bulldozer to the Kop and shooting Stevie in the face until
> he dies from it.

i never said that you would, i was just saying that i think your criticism of Rafa is unfair, given that we have been unlucky with injuries and so on, and given that it takes time for mangers to adjust to english football. i also never said that i thought mourinio was a bad manager, i just think that he has an easier job than benitez does.
Wed 23/03/05 at 11:13
Regular
True fan? Shut up, whoever said that. Can't even be bothered to scroll down to see who you are. Just because I realise that our manager isn't the bestest man in the whole wide world doesn't mean I'd be taking a bulldozer to the Kop and shooting Stevie in the face until he dies from it.
Tue 22/03/05 at 23:57
Regular
You have to take Robben and Cech into account as Ranieri didnt have them at his disposal. The robben influence has been huge. Chelsea only went top of the league after he came back from his injury.

Wernt Arsenal favourites at the start of the season?

Dont forget Benitez has been unlucky with long term injuries to Alonso and Cisse. Plus the Liverpool squad is nothing special anyway.

Still think Mourinho has a while to go before he can be classed the best manager in the world. He's up there no doubt, but is still behind the likes of Capello in my mind and will always be until he wins consecutive titles in one of the top leagues (not saying he wont)
Tue 22/03/05 at 23:32
Regular
So he took Carvalho, Ferreira and Tiago. Now according to most English fans only Ferreira has been good. Carvalho and Tiago have been "ok" Tbh, Ferreira and Carvalho have been key to Chelsea's defense but what I'm getting at is that the other guy was saying Mourinho had it easy because he has loads of money but he only bought 3 players...all from Portugal, all players that were unknown until last season/world cup (excluding Tiago) so Mourinho noticed them before anyone else did. Mourinho doesn't have it easy...at the start of the season everyone expected Chelsea to win the league and do well in Europe, they have loads of money and loads of players but did anyone really expect Liverpool to win the league? Nope.

And its not as if Benitez hasn't bought anyone...Morientes, Garcia and Alonso are 3 key players he's bought who are all good, Alonso and Morientes are probably world class players and yet Liverpool are fighting for 4th place. IMO, Mourinho is the best manager in the world and no matter what club he would of gone to after Porto, be it Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or someone outside the Premiership he would of brought fame and glory to that club.
Tue 22/03/05 at 23:25
Regular
"Colourless"
Both top managers in different ways. I still think it's a shame that we sacked Ranieri last season, would have been interesting to see where he would have got us this year. But I can't really fault what Jose has done, besides it wasn't his fault that Claudio was sacked.

Seriously don't see how anyone can claim that Jose isn't a top manager or that he isnt under much pressure.... :S
Tue 22/03/05 at 23:16
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> Well as Quinty said, Ranieri tried and failed. Mourinho took over and
> how many players did he buy?

half a team!

Cech
Carvalho
Ferreira
Robben
Tiago
Drogba
Kezman

Robben, Kezman and Cech were Ranieri signings. Robben and Cech have been two of thier best players this season so you gotta pay raneri credit for that. Ranieri made a mistake by signing Veron, but i think he was just unlucky with Crespo and Mutu. He still took a team which just scraped the last CL place to 2nd in the league and the CL semi finals. Mourinho had a very strong base to start with.
Tue 22/03/05 at 22:29
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Jules wrote:
> no im just saying that he has it easy at chelsea

I can promise you, Mourinho is under more pressure to succeed than Benitez.
Tue 22/03/05 at 22:25
Regular
Well as Quinty said, Ranieri tried and failed. Mourinho took over and how many players did he buy?
Tue 22/03/05 at 21:25
Regular
"This is my tagline"
no im just saying that he has it easy at chelsea
Tue 22/03/05 at 20:56
Regular
Jules wrote:
> 2) there is no way we can judge whether mourinio is a good manager or
> not, at chelsea he has so many world-class players that any manager
> could just put them on the pitch and expect them to produce the
> results. It's not so easy at liverpool, we can't just keep buying
> better players until we win the league.

Wait...let me get this straight, you don't think Mourinho is a good manager?

Lol.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.