GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCSE Exam fears..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/03/05 at 22:38
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Who else is worried about their exams? Well, I guess that's pretty much every 15/16 year old around. Anyhoo, how are you all coping with the pressure? Revising whenever you can or taking it easy?

I know I'm smart enought to pass the ones that I want. Maths is a dead loss though ;0

Its just this annoying fear of failure crap!
Sat 12/03/05 at 00:20
Regular
Yeah I'm doing my GCSE's this year. I'm pretty confident I can get decent grades in all of my subjects and that's without revision. I'll probably revise to get rid of a few C's and gain a few A's. All I need to revise heavily for is maths, stupid school couldn't get us a teacher for the whole of year 10 so we ended up learning f**k all. And then the whole class failed the mock exam so they realised that we needed a teacher. Got a decent one now too but there's too much material to cover in such a short time.
Sat 12/03/05 at 00:01
Regular
Ah.

It's because when you go into 5th year in Scotland (Year 12 to you southerners), you can take either Intermediate 1, 2 or Higher.

Higher is the best, Int 1 being the worst.

I got 4 A's and a B at Higher.
The B was in Info Systems, but it was the day after the Physics exam, which I was told I was going to fail, and after a quick study session at like 4am before the Physics exam (After I finished watching the Great Escape), I was completely knackeredd.

I thought I'd aced the exam.

a B THOUGH!?

:-(

Ah well.
Only 9 people out of 210 got 5 A's, and they're all geeks who study.

I didn't study.

1 4m 73h 1337.
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:52
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
England.

My school took maths GCSE in Dec rather than June/July..only for the top 3/9 classes. As I was in the top I took it early.

There was a highter, intermediate and lower (I think it was lower). Only 9 people in my year took higher, only 8 got A's.
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:48
Regular
Puddin' wrote:
> I did my Maths exam early..my coursework was lame as..and my teacher
> put me into intermediate when I knew I should have been in Higher.
> Anyhoo..about 3 months before my exam we got told to do practice
> papers. I was the only one to do them and by the end i was doing them
> in 30 mins rather than an hour. I got the highest B in my year (B was
> the highest grade I could have got). I know I should have retook
> higher maths and got an A..grrr..

Wait, did you go to school in Scotland?
Either that or the English system is just a lot more similar to the Scottish one than I thought.

But if you did go in Scotland, how the hell did you manage to take your exam early?

We're not allowed (Punk-assed SQA, I could ace my Advanced Maths now, but I need to wait 2 months to take the exam.

-()
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:15
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I think (think, may be mistaken) they actually give you marks based
> on your answer to the questions.

I'm not sure how many marks extra, but yes they do.

I know for other subjects, 10 points are rewarded for spelling and grammar
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:15
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I wouldn't worry about GCSE's, they really are nothing.
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:14
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Well I turned my grade around in 3 months.

Ask you're teacher for practice papers and ask him/her to mark them for you..even of you only do 3, at least you can see where you are going wrong.
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:14
"period drama"
Chr1s wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Or that 0% of the exam is based around spelling and grammar.
>
> It's an English exam, of course it matters, especially if they can't
> actually read what I've written.

My handwriting sucks ass too, and I pwned them all.
And spelling and grammar counts as much in English as in any other subject.

I think (think, may be mistaken) they actually give you marks based on your answer to the questions.
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:11
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
May ish.
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:11
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
When is your exam?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.