GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCSE Exam fears..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/03/05 at 22:38
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Who else is worried about their exams? Well, I guess that's pretty much every 15/16 year old around. Anyhoo, how are you all coping with the pressure? Revising whenever you can or taking it easy?

I know I'm smart enought to pass the ones that I want. Maths is a dead loss though ;0

Its just this annoying fear of failure crap!
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:10
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Yeah bummer, anyway its to late for me to become good at maths. I'll be overwhelmed with a 'd' !
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:07
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Green Ferocity wrote:
> My brother retook maths in college and said it was a piece of p!ss.
> Its just really a general knowledge test isn't it?

Not really..

I did my Maths exam early..my coursework was lame as..and my teacher put me into intermediate when I knew I should have been in Higher. Anyhoo..about 3 months before my exam we got told to do practice papers. I was the only one to do them and by the end i was doing them in 30 mins rather than an hour. I got the highest B in my year (B was the highest grade I could have got). I know I should have retook higher maths and got an A..grrr..
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:03
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Puddin' wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I like how everyone shouts out quite rightly how pointless they are,
> and then go on to dazzle us all with their amazing grades. Go team
> muh.
>
> Maybe the fact that most people on here have got A-C grades show how
> easy they are. Whn you do GCSE's teachers tell you how important they
> are..when infact they are only used to get on to A level courses...my
> school and college even let people in who didn't get the grades so
> long as they do..for instance..their maths GCSE again..and you still
> don't need to pass it.

My brother retook maths in college and said it was a piece of p!ss. Its just really a general knowledge test isn't it? Plus you get taught it a sh!tload better.
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:01
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I got an A* in ICT but I'm still scared. Coursework et all. Considering that the exam only makes up a 1/3 rd of the marks.
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:00
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I like how everyone shouts out quite rightly how pointless they are,
> and then go on to dazzle us all with their amazing grades. Go team
> muh.

Maybe the fact that most people on here have got A-C grades show how easy they are. Whn you do GCSE's teachers tell you how important they are..when infact they are only used to get on to A level courses...my school and college even let people in who didn't get the grades so long as they do..for instance..their maths GCSE again..and you still don't need to pass it.
Fri 11/03/05 at 22:59
Regular
"0228"
I've just got to take French and Maths this year (I'm only in year 10) but I've already had some good results in the Fench coursework, 59 marks out of 60, and I got an A in the Maths mock exam. The French speaking is the only bit I'm worried about.
Fri 11/03/05 at 22:57
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Chr1s wrote:
> English is a complete screw job. I have better spelling and grammar
> than anyone in my class, yet when it comes to the test I got 2 C's.
> Not what I wanted. Probably due to the fact that I have barely
> legible handwriting.

Handwriting helps :)

Anyway as long as I get a c I'm happy. And with the subjects I'm crap in, I'd like to get at least a 'D' as an 'E' sounds even crapper.
Fri 11/03/05 at 22:56
Regular
"The definitive tag"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Or that 0% of the exam is based around spelling and grammar.

It's an English exam, of course it matters, especially if they can't actually read what I've written.
Fri 11/03/05 at 22:55
"period drama"
Chr1s wrote:
> English is a complete screw job. I have better spelling and grammar
> than anyone in my class, yet when it comes to the test I got 2 C's.
> Not what I wanted. Probably due to the fact that I have barely
> legible handwriting.

Or that 0% of the exam is based around spelling and grammar.
Fri 11/03/05 at 22:54
"period drama"
I like how everyone shouts out quite rightly how pointless they are, and then go on to dazzle us all with their amazing grades. Go team muh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.