GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCSE Exam fears..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/03/05 at 22:38
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Who else is worried about their exams? Well, I guess that's pretty much every 15/16 year old around. Anyhoo, how are you all coping with the pressure? Revising whenever you can or taking it easy?

I know I'm smart enought to pass the ones that I want. Maths is a dead loss though ;0

Its just this annoying fear of failure crap!
Sat 12/03/05 at 19:30
Regular
JFH wrote:
> Also, we spent a whole lesson practicing making our 'x' (the letter) not
> look like a multiplication symbol.

Then, after you finally perfect it, they tell you that you can use a period instead of an x to signofy multiplication.

Damn them.
Sat 12/03/05 at 14:56
Regular
Puddin' wrote:
> Maybe the fact that most people on here have got A-C grades show how
> easy they are.

I never got any A's at GCSE's.

I got 5 C's, 5 D's and 1 E.

Probably because I never revised and took no interest in school.

I've improved as a student now mind, I think having two years at college has matured me as a student.
Sat 12/03/05 at 14:53
Regular
GCSE's suck.

I did mine, went to college and found the exams there easier.

A levels are the future kiddies.
Sat 12/03/05 at 14:49
Regular
Yeah you really dont need to worry about GCSE'S, if you are planing on going to college or 6th form then your obviously up to it. I know people that have gone on to take A levels with less than a C in maths, ortho C's in maths and english are needid to go to Uni.
I just revised little, but made sure i got C's, i got a B in english which i did'nt expect but was welcome. Just balance your load, and if you feel you might fail some say for example a language or art, then just forget about um, just focus on the important ones and try to get 5 C's. I thought i was gonna fail Humantites (mix of history geog and re) so i did'nt revise, did crap on the test totaly blaged my way through, got a C.

Remember every one in the country takes these tests, if your family has never been on Trisha, then you are most likely gonna do well.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:36
Regular
They give you all this rubbish about how if you don't do well in your GCSEs then you can't really goto college, but it's wrong.

Besides, if you really do that badly you can just retake them in the first year, or whatever it is.

They're easier than you think at the time though. You'll do fine.
Sat 12/03/05 at 12:47
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
RoJ wrote:
> I wouldn't worry about GCSE's, they really are nothing.

How can you say that though?

Crap GCSE's = no college entry, or lower entry with ok ish grades.

Sat 12/03/05 at 09:38
"Dark FX"
I have my GCSEs in two months-ish. But all this revision I'm meant to be doing, it's physically impossible. I've been doing coursework non-stop since September and they all expect me to revise? But yeah, i got 5 A-C's in my mocks and i only need 4 to get into College
Sat 12/03/05 at 01:43
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Marcini's Law requests that GCSE's be renamed initial initiation of congression.
Sat 12/03/05 at 00:45
Regular
Hmm... I never get worried about exams or results. It just doesn't bother me.

Just do what revision you're comfortable with and you should get decent grades without stressing yourself.
Sat 12/03/05 at 00:26
Regular
"0228"
Lipe wrote:
> All I need to revise heavily for is maths, stupid school couldn't get us > a teacher for the whole of year 10 so we ended up learning f**k all.

My maths teacher was ill for most of year 8 so we had Mr. Patel. He was the greatest teacher ever, he had an extremely strong Indian accent and he had a dislike for calculators; "Mr. Patel and calculators do not get on". From that quote you can see that he spoke about himself in the third person. Also, we spent a whole lesson practicing making our 'x' (the letter) not look like a multiplication symbol.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.