GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP VS DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/11/04 at 16:51
Regular
"2 Cool 4 Skool"
what does everyone think will be the victor of the handheld console wars. form the ds and psp, i think that the ds will knock spots off the psp, and nintendos touch screen will help it will the battle. do you think that microsoft should start the war of handheld gaming as well?
Thu 18/11/04 at 19:21
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Never thought I would say this but I really think Nintendo can do it.

I think it's the DS's large and quirky library of games thats drawing people in, well.. obviously it is but there has never been so much interest in a Nintendo console of late.
Thu 18/11/04 at 19:19
Regular
I'm going to get the DS for Christmas 2005.

Maybe then I'll sell up with my Xbox and GBA, and just keep my Cube and DS.
Thu 18/11/04 at 19:18
Regular
"Bow to me!"
According to polls, DS will sell 70% compared to PSP's 30%. I think will prove pretty accurate. I however want neither at the min, not until they are cheaper.
Thu 18/11/04 at 19:14
Regular
I really do want it to suceed, as it deserves to do much better than the PSP and for Ninty's sake also.

Seen the launch line-up?

Didn't blow me away completely, but there are a few blighters in there.

Super Mario DS

*drools*
Thu 18/11/04 at 19:10
"period drama"
All I want is a DS, PSP doesn't come anywhere near.
I doubt it'll be that clear-cut in real life, though.

But I hope the DS will get the sales it deserves. Ninty need some decent advertising - really plaster the thing everywhere - and it should shift like free gold. Should.
Thu 18/11/04 at 19:10
Regular
Well JFH, I can't believe you just said that.

Overall, there are far more people who want a DS than a PSP. Must be round where you live.

I can't bloody wait :)
Thu 18/11/04 at 17:44
Regular
JFH wrote:
> PSP will sell 10 times as much as the DS because Sony are 'cool'. I
> don't know a single person that wants a DS but I know many that are
> planning on getting a PSP. It's more fashionable.

Well most people in my year are planning on getting a DS. Maybe it was because I've been hyping it up so much and making the PSP sound crap but whatever the reason they want to buy the DS.
Thu 18/11/04 at 17:15
Regular
:< another console war's thread >:(
Thu 18/11/04 at 16:54
Regular
"0228"
PSP will sell 10 times as much as the DS because Sony are 'cool'. I don't know a single person that wants a DS but I know many that are planning on getting a PSP. It's more fashionable.
Thu 18/11/04 at 16:51
Regular
"2 Cool 4 Skool"
what does everyone think will be the victor of the handheld console wars. form the ds and psp, i think that the ds will knock spots off the psp, and nintendos touch screen will help it will the battle. do you think that microsoft should start the war of handheld gaming as well?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.