GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP VS DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/11/04 at 16:51
Regular
"2 Cool 4 Skool"
what does everyone think will be the victor of the handheld console wars. form the ds and psp, i think that the ds will knock spots off the psp, and nintendos touch screen will help it will the battle. do you think that microsoft should start the war of handheld gaming as well?
Mon 22/11/04 at 16:58
Regular
To be honest, Sony have completely ballsed up the PSP. The main emphasis has been on the extra features like the MP3 player etc. and not the actual games that the bloody thing is meant to play.

I laugh at those failiures. DS will destroy the PSP, no doubt about it.

I have an MP3, I have a DVD Player. Why would I want the PSP? This will be the situation with many casual gamers.
Mon 22/11/04 at 11:06
Regular
To be honest the PSP doesn't seem to be offering much.

There is no GTA, MGS acid seems a little dodgy to say the least and Final Fantasy seems more dedicated to the DS than to Sony's system.

I might get a PSP though, slightly shameful of me, but that's because I'm a geeky b*****d that likes my gadgets.

I can't see it going down well with the casual gamer.
Mon 22/11/04 at 10:43
"period drama"
Marcini wrote:
> Actually most people on the PS forum wanted a DS. Im sure they will
> both be very good, otherwise they would never be made.

Oh dear.
Can't fault your logic ... but it just doesn't work like that. Ever.
Mon 22/11/04 at 00:36
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Actually most people on the PS forum wanted a DS. Im sure they will both be very good, otherwise they would never be made.
Sun 21/11/04 at 23:31
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Mathews wrote:

> i think this one will be 2nd best to the psp because its got playstation
> games on it pure and simple.

Nothing new and innovative there then.

> One last thing the psp is a more grown up hand held what would you
> prefer to say 'ive got the new gameboy' or 'ive got a psp' see its
> just better all round

The PSP is a more grown-up handheld? Why? Because it is black and has Sony written on it? Or because 'grown-up' Playstation games involve shooting and nothing else?
Sun 21/11/04 at 23:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Mathews wrote:
> Why was a psp vs ds thing posted on a nintendo forum??
> most of the people that are here are nintendo fans so ther bound to
> say that the ds will do better just like if it was posted on the
> playstation forum people would say that the psp will do better.

STOP PRESS: We must no longer discuss gaming on this forum as we might be biased!1
Sun 21/11/04 at 20:41
Regular
"Ow Yer"
Why was a psp vs ds thing posted on a nintendo forum??
most of the people that are here are nintendo fans so ther bound to say that the ds will do better just like if it was posted on the playstation forum people would say that the psp will do better. if you want to get the real view of things go to general chat or sumthing

I have a GC and a PS2 and have every gameboy ever made but i think this one will be 2nd best to the psp because its got playstation games on it pure and simple the only reson gameboys sell so well is that theres no competition.
And im not a fan of the usless 2nd screen its called a mini for a reson why make a whole screen for it? the only reson that a person would buy the ds who wast a fan of nintendo is for the zelda games, i no a hell of a lot of people who did that with the 64 the gamecube and gameboys.
One last thing the psp is a more grown up hand held what would you prefer to say 'ive got the new gameboy' or 'ive got a psp' see its just better all round

WOOOOOO longest post ever sorry about that lol
Sat 20/11/04 at 17:17
Regular
"Bow to me!"
I think that point needed to be re-enforced... as it has been.

Some people ay
Sat 20/11/04 at 16:54
Regular
jesus&co wrote:
> The DS is not as good. It is more expensive, hasn't got as good a
> screen and the PSP can play DVD discs.

Right it's cheaper, the PSP can't play DVD's and the screen is as good.
Sat 20/11/04 at 16:24
Regular
"thursdayton!"
jesus&co wrote:
> The DS is not as good. It is more expensive, hasn't got as good a
> screen and the PSP can play DVD discs.

The ignorance of some people..

More expensive? Quite the opposite.

Hasn't got as good a screen? It's got two.

The PSP can play DVD discs? No it can't.

Try learning some facts next time please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.