GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, Tales of Symphonia..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'tales of symphonia'.
Fri 19/11/04 at 14:58
Regular
Got Tales this morning. Coldest game I've ever got (erm.... yeah).

But it seems good. At first the combat seemed a bit crappy, just a shallow PSO-type system, but now it's starting to get good. Only played it for half an hour, but I can see it getting very good in a few hours (of play, not just time).

Oh, and It's published by Nintendo. Something I didn't know. And it's got two discs.

Now, how in gods name am I going to get the time to play this, Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2, Halo 2 and still leave my social life intact?

Sheet.
Wed 15/12/04 at 20:18
"The Will of D."
Tphi wrote:
> Those endless ladybird enemies.. >_<

What about those plant girls, they are so annoying when you kill them as they always say something in a high pitch voice that grates. Plus you have to fight loads of them in the game although maybe not the same exact type as each other.
Wed 15/12/04 at 20:16
"The Will of D."
Tphi wrote:
> PsychoFox, does a certain angel traitor friend of mine ever return to
> the party? Just wondering.

yes, but you do need to have him in your top 3 best friends list, although you won't be able to tell who is. it's also near the end of the game too.
Wed 15/12/04 at 17:04
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Those endless ladybird enemies.. >_<
Wed 15/12/04 at 13:19
Regular
One word: No
Expect a bit more then what you've seen.
As usual powering up isn't the most exciting part of the game.. but fighting certain monsters is more fun that others so I don't mind :P
Wed 15/12/04 at 09:58
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Wow I've got hooked on this game, played it for about six hours straight yesterday :|

Now in Tethe'alla (I thought the game was going to finish a bit too quick and now it seems I'm not even half way through :|) It's lost a bit of pace as I now only have a general idea of what I'm supposed to be doing (saving the world as usual) but tis all very very good stuff.

PsychoFox, does a certain angel traitor friend of mine ever return to the party? Just wondering.
Wed 15/12/04 at 08:20
"The Will of D."
Um the cooking thing is mostly a sub quest thing to get titles for the characters when you have mastered all recipes with one guy. You need to get a particular ingredient (found in most towns) that can be used together with others to create a recipe and so you can use it after battles to heal your HP, TP or both.
Tue 14/12/04 at 19:30
Regular
"And some more !"
is this game worth buying. Ive looked at a few reviews and i wanted to knwo about the cooking thing and how it works and also is it very cartoonish or not.
Tue 07/12/04 at 21:34
"The Will of D."
Scope wrote:
> PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> Scope wrote:
> Hey psycho tell me something did you play your second play through
> on
> hard?
>
> Better, Mania Mode. You can unlock it on completing one game.
>
> Hmm normal mode seems to be varied some bosses easy some hard.. I
> guess the different difficulty modes gives it more replay value
> compared to most RPG's.

Also when you start a second game you can access a shopping section to use your collected bonus battle points (the thing you can also use to buy Level gems but it's a big waste to use the points on them) to get extra helpful stuff for the second go round.
Tue 07/12/04 at 21:30
"The Will of D."
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I loved the fact that the dungeons were short, it was refreshing and
> there was plenty of them too.
>
> You finished it then Whitestripes?
>
> I've owned this game longer than you...

Lol, just forgot... been so long since we talked about it.
Tue 07/12/04 at 19:35
Regular
PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I loved the fact that the dungeons were short, it was refreshing and
> there was plenty of them too.
>
> You finished it then Whitestripes?

I've owned this game longer than you...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.