GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life 2 Patch"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Sat 20/11/04 at 15:09
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
When is one likely to be released?

You can list any bug fixes you'd like to see included and general half life 2 errors chat.
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:51
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> True. But still, I'm enjoying it enough.

Not only that but I am picky beyond belief, if it isn't just right I'm not playing ball. Then again most people would if they had spent the amount of money and time I have on my PC.
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Titty biscuits"
My copy of HL2 still hasn't arrived, but all i can hope is that I'll be one of the lucky ones, with no problems. Unfortunately, I'm very much doubting it. Shame, since I've been looking forward to this game for so long. If this patch fixes it on my machine, it'll make me happy.
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:48
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> I have no sound issues except the well-known s**tuttering. It really is
> a great card, only giving me a couple of 'heavy echo' problems in Max
> Payne 2 for some reason, probably a driver issue though.

Yeah, I bought it because my onboard sound uses a sh*t load of CPU resources, it isn't that I don't have the CPU to cope but when you are completely 'maxing' all settings it does take its toll.

Hopefully the Audigy 2 will be a lot less of a hit.
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
True. But still, I'm enjoying it enough.
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:45
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> I find it somewhat ironic that Alastair, with his uber set up, is
> having problems and me, with my slightly less than exemplerary PC set
> up is having a few but no real issues........

But it isn't spec related though and Half-Life 2 is the only game to have even slight issues.

Every other game runs flawlessly on what ever settings I wish.
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> Going to get it now and see what it does.
> *shrugs*

I'll not be installing this patch methinks. HL2 runs fine at the moment. I'm not going to do anything to rock the boat until I've finished it.
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I find it somewhat ironic that Alastair, with his uber set up, is having problems and me, with my slightly less than exemplerary PC set up is having a few but no real issues........

:)
Thu 25/11/04 at 11:57
Regular
My card is an Audigy 2 ZS, the same as yours I'd imagine.

I have no sound issues except the well-known stuttering. It really is a great card, only giving me a couple of 'heavy echo' problems in Max Payne 2 for some reason, probably a driver issue though.
Thu 25/11/04 at 11:55
Regular
Trouble is, it seems to have made it worse for people who never had the issue.

Mine was bad, not unplayable but "I have had a stressful day at work so don't f**k me off" bad to the point where it just got on my t*ts. I will have a look when I get in later today but I'm not holding my breath.

Got my Audigy 2 ZS card arriving today as well which for Half-Life 2 seems to compund the problem.

Looks like I will have to go back to Far Cry again!
Thu 25/11/04 at 11:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Going to get it now and see what it does.
*shrugs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.