GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Damn It Kojima-San"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Wed 24/11/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So far i've done an hours worth of MGS3 and i think i've played about 5 minutes of it. For some reason i'm not surprised, Hideo if you want to make a movie take it to Hollywood, this is the videogame industry we're dealing with here.

Better bloody improve soon, i actually want to play this game eventually
Sun 28/11/04 at 19:17
Regular
"es argh"
Got MGS3 today.

T'is a bit of a marathon, must get into it a bit more. Seems a bit odd how it was stressed that in the first mission "you must not engage the enemy in battle" yet I've killed quite a few with no consequences, yet.

Got killed by a crocodile and eaten by a swamp, which was fun.
Sun 28/11/04 at 19:34
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
How did you get it if theres no post on Sundays?

Mines should arrive tomorrow :^D
Sun 28/11/04 at 20:12
Regular
"lets go back"
Its not fair. I want MGS3 now!!!

I have to wait till March.
Sun 28/11/04 at 21:27
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Import.
Sun 28/11/04 at 21:38
Regular
"lets go back"
Wouldnt I have to get my console chipped or something if I imported it tho?
Sun 28/11/04 at 21:41
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Well there are a number of options you would have to take,

Chipping it is one.
Buying an American console is another. (What i did)
Or buy a flip-top disc.
Sun 28/11/04 at 21:52
Regular
"lets go back"
whats a flip top disk? Is that like another cover for the console that opens upward instead of outwards?
Sun 28/11/04 at 22:13
"period drama"
That's exactly what it is - except it's called a flip-top lid.

Here's the deal:
If you've got a normal PS2, you'll need to get this thing, which is basically a new case for it with a flippy-up bit above the disc tray. And, as you can imagine, fixing on a new case is a lot cheaper, faster, and less risky than chipping.

You also need the magic-swap discs, which are the actual things that let your play American games. Just like the GC's Freeloader. The only reason you need the flip-top lid is because the disc tray's motor does something to the PS2, so you can't swap the discs over (from the magic-swap ones to the American game) without it realising and telling you off.

So, if you've got one the of the new PSTwo's which (apparently, though I've never seen one) already have flio-top lids, you shouldn't need the new case.

I say shouldn't, but I don't know if the opening of the lid on the slim PS2 is electrical or mechanical, which would make a difference. If it's electrical, you're probably screwed, because it won't let you swap the discs over and the flip-top lid case won't fit on it

phew
Sun 28/11/04 at 22:14
"period drama"
And I haven't even got one.
Sun 28/11/04 at 23:01
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Sorry FFF, i knew you had more information on that than me :^D

Anything you need to know about importing i would be more than happy to answer you :^D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.