GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Damn It Kojima-San"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Wed 24/11/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So far i've done an hours worth of MGS3 and i think i've played about 5 minutes of it. For some reason i'm not surprised, Hideo if you want to make a movie take it to Hollywood, this is the videogame industry we're dealing with here.

Better bloody improve soon, i actually want to play this game eventually
Wed 24/11/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So far i've done an hours worth of MGS3 and i think i've played about 5 minutes of it. For some reason i'm not surprised, Hideo if you want to make a movie take it to Hollywood, this is the videogame industry we're dealing with here.

Better bloody improve soon, i actually want to play this game eventually
Wed 24/11/04 at 20:37
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Still not got it, damn postie, anxious to play it though :^)
Wed 24/11/04 at 20:49
Regular
"Bicycle"
When's it coming out over here?
Wed 24/11/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Márch.
Wed 24/11/04 at 21:14
"period drama"
Most of the time, I don't care - as cutscenes go, MGS has the bestest ever in gaming history. What I can't stand is endless, pointless CODEC blabbering - how much of that?
Wed 24/11/04 at 23:00
Regular
Yeah they mentioned a HUGE intro and then you play it for freaking ages.

Still haven't got around to ordering it.
Wed 24/11/04 at 23:10
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Most of the time, I don't care - as cutscenes go, MGS has the bestest
> ever in gaming history.

Though they f***ed that up with MGS2. Cue 5 second cutscene between 2 characters, followed by cut to codec for "secrecy", which then drags on for 5 or 6 mins. No one wants to see 2 heads tinted with green talking for that long, even if they do have lip synch !1111

Hideo messed up the direction of the game big time; none of that "magic" was present from the first game.
Thu 25/11/04 at 09:42
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
MGS2 had all the magic and more, why else would they have made Twin Snakes. And lalakers, not the smartest move buying an MGS game if you don't want story. They make splinter cell to cater for those sort of tastes.
Thu 25/11/04 at 11:53
Regular
"Bow to me!"
I dont know why people dont like MSG2. I thought it was very good, certainly nothing to complain about. I also like most of the cut scences but the CODECs do push me to skip them.
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:06
Regular
Tis my favourite game series, I love the Metal Gear games.

I enjoyed MGS2 but it had issues like every game. Like Darwock said, Metal Gear games are 100% story based with a huge emphasis on character development and operation information. If you want to play all the time then definitely go for Splinter Cell.

For me, MGS2 had all the magic of the original with the opening chapter blowing any other game opening out of the water and still does to this day. The Raiden idea was disappointing but it wasn't "Oh what have they done, slit throat time", it was just 'different.

A lot of reviews have said Snake Eater is the pick of the bunch, can't believe I aren't playing it to be honest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.