GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Damn It Kojima-San"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Wed 24/11/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So far i've done an hours worth of MGS3 and i think i've played about 5 minutes of it. For some reason i'm not surprised, Hideo if you want to make a movie take it to Hollywood, this is the videogame industry we're dealing with here.

Better bloody improve soon, i actually want to play this game eventually
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Darwock wrote:
> And lalakers, not the smartest move buying an MGS game if you
> don't want story. They make splinter cell to cater for those sort of
> tastes.

Well i didn't buy it anyway so it's all good :-D I know all about MGS and it's story however i was hoping this one would be different, i play RPG's i'm fully aware of cutscenes in games (Xenosaga being prime example) however they're large enough to accommodate large cutscenes, MGS games last around 15 hours and about 10 of that is cutscenes or codec convos. Being able to play only a third of a VIDEO GAME is quite unacceptable. I'm not bashing the fact it has a story i'm bashing the size of it and how it consumes the game. Like i said Kojima should make a movie if he wants to do that, either that or make the game alot larger so the cutscenes balance out

But like i said didn't pay for it so meh :-D
Thu 25/11/04 at 13:02
Regular
I played MGS2 for 20 minutes and wanted to stab my self in the throat, it was so boring.

I guess it was a bad move to play the game staright after completing Splinter Cell. The lack of real freedom in the game and the crappy camera angles sucked the life slowly out of my will to play, it was awful. Having said that there were a few good ideas in there, chucking the bodies over the side of the boat was cool and the way the guards call in back-up when you take their friends out was good too.

Shame I hated the game so badly though.
Thu 25/11/04 at 13:07
Regular
If it was a film though everyone would say "Oh it's all a load of Hollywood shi*e".

As a game it works perfectly and you do know what to expect.

With Xenosaga I sat through around 15-20 hours of top draw cut scenes, I knew what to expect so I didn't complain.

Offline up to press Splinter Cell has been crap, utter boredom. Chaos Theory looks set to change that but I know I would rather sit through some top quality cut scenes than a stupidly linear path that Splinter Cell gives you.
Thu 25/11/04 at 13:07
Regular
Plus all the cut scenes can be skipped anyway.
Thu 25/11/04 at 13:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I agree with Lakers - I love my Twin Snakes, and the cut-scenes etc are great - but when this comes at the expense of gameplay rather than alongside it, it gets a little boring. Hence why I love RPGs, and find Metal Gear a bit frustrating at times.
Thu 25/11/04 at 13:11
Regular
I really enjoyed the first Splinter Cell game, it didn't seem to be so unintresting and linear as Pandorra Tomorrow. It'd probably be different if I went back to it though, I'm sure I'd notice a lot more how thick the AI really was but I certainly enjoyed it more than MGS2 which is one of the worst Xbox games I've ever bought along with Morrowind.

Just not my cup of tea I guess. I hate cut scenes and the restricting camera angles and rather pap stealth game play were just the icing on the preverbial dog t*rd.
Thu 25/11/04 at 13:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Plus all the cut scenes can be skipped anyway.

Which then means you're left with a 5 hour or so game. Not really value for money, although maybe i am a little biased as i'm used to 60 hour plus RPG epics
Thu 25/11/04 at 13:53
Regular
European Extreme, collecting all Dog Tags, pah, wayyyyyyy more than 5 hours ;)
Thu 25/11/04 at 13:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Still playing the same game no matter what level you play it at though. Just more enemies and no radar making it harder but at end of the day still the same level layout to play through
Thu 25/11/04 at 14:10
Regular
The level design for Metal Gear games has been top notch. The Shell was 'samey' but there were so many different rooms and different challenges.

If a game is difficult and has a good story I am usually there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.