GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Damn It Kojima-San"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Wed 24/11/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So far i've done an hours worth of MGS3 and i think i've played about 5 minutes of it. For some reason i'm not surprised, Hideo if you want to make a movie take it to Hollywood, this is the videogame industry we're dealing with here.

Better bloody improve soon, i actually want to play this game eventually
Thu 25/11/04 at 14:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The Tanker level was great but i got bored of the shell due to having to backtrack and all that. Either that or the fact the worst game character ever in Raiden just automatically made me hate it
Thu 25/11/04 at 15:03
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
lalakersrule wrote:
> however i was hoping this one would be different

Why? Because you didn't want it to be Metal Gear? This is similar to all the people who are no doubt going to go out and buy GT4 and say "wtf, it has no damage in it".

No excuses at this stage, if you want a game to be something different to what it is, play something different.
Thu 25/11/04 at 17:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Darwock wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
>
> Why? Because you didn't want it to be Metal Gear?

No because i wanted a video game not an interactive movie. I was merely hoping i'd get to play more of this game then in the prequels, not too much to ask i feel. That is all
Thu 25/11/04 at 18:48
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Thats what MGS is though.
Thu 25/11/04 at 18:52
Regular
Darwock wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
>
> Why? Because you didn't want it to be Metal Gear? This is similar to
> all the people who are no doubt going to go out and buy GT4 and say
> "wtf, it has no damage in it".
>
> No excuses at this stage, if you want a game to be something
> different to what it is, play something different.

But GT4 will have damage in it...
Thu 25/11/04 at 18:55
Regular
"Bicycle"
Soooo... Long... 'Til... March...

However I will have worked off my rather large debt and be able to buy things again! Hazaa!
Thu 25/11/04 at 18:57
Regular
lakers, if you want to play a game game then go elsewhere.

The heavy emphasis on the MGS storyline was brilliant in both the first and second and it would be a shame if the third was different. This is what it does, and it's what it does best.

Besides, people exagerrate. There is a lot of play time and it's very enjoyable.
Thu 25/11/04 at 19:06
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Contained far too much cut scenes and talking for me and not enough in game playing.
Seemed to go far too quickly with very little that stood out as being amazing.
Was a decent game but I have no plans of playing through it again soon, graphics were decent but the aiming system still sucks (Can't believe you can't move forwards while using the first person view).
Although I found the big gay russian guy mildly amussing when I put on my disguise.
Thu 25/11/04 at 20:25
Along with the codecs, I was disappointed that for a story-game, there actually wasn't much progression to the story; a basic rehash of the original, and even admits it at the end.
Thu 25/11/04 at 20:29
"period drama"
Reefer wrote:
> But GT4 will have damage in it...

Err .... no.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.