GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Damn It Kojima-San"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Wed 24/11/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So far i've done an hours worth of MGS3 and i think i've played about 5 minutes of it. For some reason i'm not surprised, Hideo if you want to make a movie take it to Hollywood, this is the videogame industry we're dealing with here.

Better bloody improve soon, i actually want to play this game eventually
Thu 02/12/04 at 21:30
Regular
Videogames are like movies anyways. Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, theyre interactive films.

If you want a game-game get Bishi Bashi Special/
Wed 01/12/04 at 13:43
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Thanks for that little diatribe.
Wed 01/12/04 at 08:22
Regular
"..."
The cutscenes in MGS1 were the reason why it got so famous in the first place, it's a lot better than the gameplay itself. If it weren't for those brilliant cutscenes, the game would have been forgotten as soon as MGS2 was released, but that didn't happen, why do you think they made The Twin Snakes ? Hideo Kojima could have made MGS as a movie, but who is going to watch it ? Japanese People ? Too many cutscenes isn't a bad thing, actually the more cutscenes , the more story is put in the game, and the better it gets, if you want the gameplay , wait until they release the version that comes with a VR missions disc.
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:44
"period drama"
Aye, for the most part.
But come on, MGS2 did have some amazing scenes in there. Vamp in the generator room especially.
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:00
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Okay okay, those were the days.

:)

All of the set pieces in that game were fantastic. Just a pity they showed repeats for MGS2.
Mon 29/11/04 at 23:22
"period drama"
Blank wrote:
> The first game was an absolute revolution when it came out. I remember
> that first fight with Ocelot....ah, those were the days.

That boss fight was rubbish.
You just run round the room.

Although the sweaty guy in the middle rigged up with C4 did make things a little more exciting, granted. And you get to meet Ocelot, who is a legend.

Okay okay, those were the days.
Mon 29/11/04 at 23:11
"High polygon count"
Badgerman wrote:
> Not much hype around this one?

Not sure. Don't think so. I've seen the screenshots and I just find myself thinking... "Meh... seen it before."

It's strange. I'm the same with GTA:SA - I got it on release, but I don't think I've played it for more than a couple of hours.

I can't leave Ratchet & Clank 3 alone, though!
Mon 29/11/04 at 23:09
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The first game was an absolute revolution when it came out. I remember that first fight with Ocelot....ah, those were the days.
Mon 29/11/04 at 23:08
"period drama"
I was exactly the same, Wook - it didn't interest me in the slightest, even though I loved both the other games.

Then I saw a ten-minute movie of it, with lots of old faces and new ones, all of wonderous suspenseful cinematic quality. Now I can't wait.
Mon 29/11/04 at 23:06
Regular
"es argh"
WòókieeMøn§??® wrote:
> I have to admit... I have very little interest in MGS3. Dunno why
> though - I loved the first 2 games.

Not much hype around this one?

then again, that could be due to it being released over here in March or whatever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.