GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"REMEMBER THE PROMOTIONAL EXTRA GD?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 16:27
Regular
Remember a while back we offered an EXTRA GAMEADAY prize for promotional suggestions. Anyone who suggested an idea which we actually use within three months wins a prize.

Monkey_with_Attitude has already been given one prize for his suggestion of community spirit in e-mails.

There are now three further prizes in this competition.

1. Monkey_with_Attitude
E-mail a friend links in discussions etc.

2. Fantasy Meister
Gameaday leaflets or stickers on products we sell, especially in the shops.

3. Monkey_with_Attitude
Prompt people to bookmark or place our sites on home pages.

By the way - It's no good searching for the promotional thread. We deleted it so that our competitors can't get their sweaty mits on it.

There may of course still be other winners to this as every suggestion which is used within three months will win a prize.
Wed 13/06/01 at 17:33
Regular
I know I found it after I put this up!
Wed 13/06/01 at 17:33
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Bonus wrote:
> Armatige Shanks wrote:

Just an idea... I dont know where it
> came
> from?

I think you do!!

I'm only jesting man... Besides Tony has already given you a free game for the idea :)

(See the Bugs forum for details :) )
Wed 13/06/01 at 17:31
Regular
Armatige Shanks wrote:

Just an idea... I dont know where it came
> from?

I think you do!!
Wed 13/06/01 at 17:29
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Bonus wrote:
> You could add a section to the website where anyone who finds a
> possible way to violate security let the staff know without having
> to post it in the site bugs forum!!

lol@Bonus...

We already do dont we (FOG(Prime)) ???

:)
Wed 13/06/01 at 17:29
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
You could make the email address of the Webmaster more avalible?!?

Just an idea... I dont know where it came from?

:P
Wed 13/06/01 at 17:23
Regular
You could add a section to the website where anyone who finds a possible way to violate security let the staff know without having to post it in the site bugs forum!!
Wed 13/06/01 at 14:27
You could give a prize to the person who gets most replies to their original message in a certain amount of time - (say a month), because it obviously means they have made a good discussion subject
Tue 12/06/01 at 20:22
I'm sure there have been suggestions about a retro games section, but as an alternative howabout a product search and purchase service for retro or hard to find games which aren't stocked by SR.

People would e-mail their requests, SR would search for the product and e-mail back with the price (naturally including a little extra for SR's trouble), without mentioning where it can be purchased from. That way, people only pay for purchases made, the search is free.

Personally, I would like to find a PAL version of Tony Hawk's on N64 (only very limited numbers produced), or details of prices for Vectrex hardware and software. Your service would be invaluable.
Tue 12/06/01 at 20:14
Regular
""
I was just about to say that!
Tue 12/06/01 at 20:13
Not so much of a promotion, but a suggestion on how to improve quality in the discussions.

How about having a spell checker. I know people should check their post before submitting, but there are so many stupid posts criticising people's spelling and grammar.

As for a promotion, I suggested a similar idea in a recent thread. You could offer t-shirts to new discussion members with their screen name and/or tag line. Alternatively, these could be awarded to those becoming regulars.

Sorry of these have been suggested - can't be bothered to read through all previous pages.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.