GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"REMEMBER THE PROMOTIONAL EXTRA GD?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 16:27
Regular
Remember a while back we offered an EXTRA GAMEADAY prize for promotional suggestions. Anyone who suggested an idea which we actually use within three months wins a prize.

Monkey_with_Attitude has already been given one prize for his suggestion of community spirit in e-mails.

There are now three further prizes in this competition.

1. Monkey_with_Attitude
E-mail a friend links in discussions etc.

2. Fantasy Meister
Gameaday leaflets or stickers on products we sell, especially in the shops.

3. Monkey_with_Attitude
Prompt people to bookmark or place our sites on home pages.

By the way - It's no good searching for the promotional thread. We deleted it so that our competitors can't get their sweaty mits on it.

There may of course still be other winners to this as every suggestion which is used within three months will win a prize.
Fri 15/06/01 at 17:00
well they dont have to give much money off, just enough to make us say "hey i have a £2.50 voucher, i think ill shop here more often and submit more cheats and reviews" personally i think it would work very well and even though i dont shop much over the web, i think this idea in action would most probably turn me into a regular special reserve customer, aswell as many others!
Fri 15/06/01 at 16:11
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Yeah that's good like if they submit 20 cheat they get £5 off anything and if they submit 50 cheats they get £15 off or if you get from maybe 80-100cheats in a day ....sya £50

:-)

Or maybe if you get to so many posts, or get to a certain amount of post in a day it could count as an extra GAD prize mind you it would have to be high!
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:19
Im sorry that im posting so many messages but since a game with 150 cars and the best graphics any consoles ever seen, was due to be relesed i've suddenly come up with loads of ideas, such as this one - how about you give a money off voucher everytime someone submits a certain amount of cheats or good reviews? The person could then use that voucher to purchase stuff on YOUR site. This means that most of the visiters who visit your site would evntually purchase from YOU and not your competitiors. People could earn credits for each submission, and once they get enough credits you give them money off their next purchase in your site. I think this would therefore be a good way off turning your web visitors into shoppers/customers aswell. reply and tell me what you think!
Thu 14/06/01 at 13:35
Regular
What about online reddies? Maybe cheats could award customers with them.
Thu 14/06/01 at 13:30
sorry its me again with another suggestion, how about tony - you pick the best submissions of the day whether its a cheat , review or discussion (about 5) and put them forward to a daily vote where we the customers of your site can choose for you who gets the game. Then the next day a new set of hopefuls will be put to the vote. The poll would have to be somewhere, where people could use it easily (say one button click) maybe on the main gameaday.com page! just a suggestion but im sure someone will find a flaw in the idea somewhere. I think it could work though
Thu 14/06/01 at 13:22
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> I don't know if this has been meantioned before but why not let
> users rate the topics that the read out of 10? The on the forum page
> a icon could show if the topic was hot or not!

It would attract
> me and many others to look at that topic more and these will be the
> topics that make FOG and the discussions what it is!

So people
> can skip out some of the rubbish posted and skip to the parts where
> the disscusions are at their best.
-----------------------------------------------------------
you can already tell which forums ar the best because they have had the most replies and/or will be at the top of the forums list with most recent replies. thats how i tell anyway. But your idea could still work as an added icon would be easier to see quickly.
Thu 14/06/01 at 13:18
Tony wrote:
> mickey wrote:
> You could give a prize to the person who gets
> most replies to their
> original message in a certain amount of
> time - (say a month),
> because it obviously means they have
> made a good discussion subject

That's a good idea.

In
> theory.

The downside is that everybody would post new topics and
> nobody would reply to anybody else, to ensure their thread received
> the most replies!

------------------------------------------------------------

What about restricting people to only starting off a certain amount of discussions in a certain time - then people would think more about what they should start discussing and you could put into action my original idea.
Wed 13/06/01 at 18:43
"Uzi Lover"
I don't know if this has been meantioned before but why not let users rate the topics that the read out of 10? The on the forum page a icon could show if the topic was hot or not!

It would attract me and many others to look at that topic more and these will be the topics that make FOG and the discussions what it is!

So people can skip out some of the rubbish posted and skip to the parts where the disscusions are at their best.
Wed 13/06/01 at 17:53
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Tony wrote:
The downside is that everybody would post new topics and
> nobody would reply to anybody else, to ensure their thread received
> the most replies!

That... and the 'Worlds Longest Thread Attpemt' in the FOG (Prime) forum would win every month...

:)
Wed 13/06/01 at 17:50
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
mickey wrote:
> You could give a prize to the person who gets most replies to their
> original message in a certain amount of time - (say a month),
> because it obviously means they have made a good discussion subject

That's a good idea.

In theory.

The downside is that everybody would post new topics and nobody would reply to anybody else, to ensure their thread received the most replies!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.