GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"REMEMBER THE PROMOTIONAL EXTRA GD?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 16:27
Regular
Remember a while back we offered an EXTRA GAMEADAY prize for promotional suggestions. Anyone who suggested an idea which we actually use within three months wins a prize.

Monkey_with_Attitude has already been given one prize for his suggestion of community spirit in e-mails.

There are now three further prizes in this competition.

1. Monkey_with_Attitude
E-mail a friend links in discussions etc.

2. Fantasy Meister
Gameaday leaflets or stickers on products we sell, especially in the shops.

3. Monkey_with_Attitude
Prompt people to bookmark or place our sites on home pages.

By the way - It's no good searching for the promotional thread. We deleted it so that our competitors can't get their sweaty mits on it.

There may of course still be other winners to this as every suggestion which is used within three months will win a prize.
Thu 06/09/01 at 10:49
Regular
"i'll destroy you al"
What about the best cheat of the day link.and a best disscusion of the day
link
and also the best reveiw of the day link.

There that's it if you go back a few pages you'll find it and the date i posted it!!!!
Wed 05/09/01 at 22:28
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Oh - bad luck CheatGururuguru.

Even if you did suggest it - it's outside the time limit!
Sat 14/07/01 at 11:24
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Since quite a few people don't seem to claim their GAD or FAD prizes for some reason or other, what about trying this.

After a certain amount of days after they have won, if they still havn't claimed their prize then you could send them an e mail saying that they have an unclaimed film a day or game a day prize. For example, you could have a set e mail message that you send to them if the prize is unclaimed after 60 days (or whatever).

It's a shame that some people don't get their prizes when they (may) have worked quite hard t write the winning post/review.

Okay, so it's probably better for you if they don't claim their prize but I know that you are such kind, generous people at SR, that you would like them to get their prize.

:)

What do you think?
Mon 25/06/01 at 18:04
can a member of staff please read my submissions to this post coz it took me a while to think them up?
Tue 19/06/01 at 22:59
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
im not sure who picks the GAD winner but you could have a seperate forum where the users get to rate each topic say between 1 and 5 and at the end of each week the one with the highest vote wins the game of their choice, could call it GameAWeek.
Tue 19/06/01 at 19:42
with the bookmarking thing make a popup browser thing saying, win a game everday, bookmrk this site

yes no

I remeber i found this site looking for release dates so you could try to focus more on gaming news and release date info. I used ure site for that
Tue 19/06/01 at 18:34
I feel that you could offer three different delivery speeds in your sales, say 2nd class for free, 1st class for 50p and maybe next day delivery for say three pounds.

Also how bout a prize for customers who are regular shoppers , i mean very regular, like a free game of their choice
Sun 17/06/01 at 11:40
on the users list you could have all the forums they have posted in the past day coz sometimes i lose track of which wons i have posted in and i like to see peoples replies to my posts.
Fri 15/06/01 at 23:10
My recent scalding has lead me to an idea - the user stats highlight a user's good points.. why not highlight the bad too? Like warnings: 1, etc... Also, maybe the stats should show how many wins a person has had, so the new stats would look like this:

Submitted: ____ posts, ____ words to ukdiscussions.com
___ reviews to ukreviews.com
___ cheats to ukcheats.com
____ wins on gameday.com
____ wins on filmaday.com
____ warnings

This would mean the game/filmaday links were also accessable from the stats pop-ups. And it would generally give more info on the user....
Fri 15/06/01 at 17:18
these ideas just keep popping up into my head although i dont know whether this has already been thought of - what about when someone logs in a list comes up with links to their favourite forums or parts of the site, so they can go straight to where they want to go? The person can also add or remove those links, kind of like a buddy list in a chatroom or messenger program.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.