GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's a f****** disgrace"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/12/04 at 23:01
Regular
What sort of a society do we live in, really. 70,000, that's seventy thousand people have died. And what does our government offer them?

One. Million. Pounds.

Later they upped that to a 'whopping' £15 million, but in my opinion that's because they were shamed into it. Then there's the US who offer a 'collossal' £35 million. What really rubs it in though is Jack Straw and George Bush standing there and giving excuses why they can't give more. I really believe the western world has become completely morally bankrupt.

Bush : "Last year 40% of all aid given in the world was given by the US."

Who gives a crap who gave what when, you t***pot, do you really have a clue what the real world is about?? For gods sake, how much money have both nations plowed into that ridiculous war? I don't hear any complaints about budgets when that subject is raised. Not to mention the human loss of life.

It makes you ashamed to be British and affiliated with what is turning out to be an Empire of bullies, ignorant knuckledraggers and yes men. This New Year I'm hoping for a Nuclear Holocaust.

Rant Over. Time for the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Thu 30/12/04 at 12:33
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Please don't take this next post as racist, or siding with the government, or what have you, but:

Our government is pretty deep in debt, as far as G8 countries go. However, we've been like this for quite a while. The government has done a good job of working in a negative budget. It hasn't raised taxes as much as it could have, but instead has chosen to slowly creep them up. Yes there have been poor expenditures in the last say 10 years, like initially the millenium bridge, the Diana memorial, etc. However these aren't huge losses and the rest of the country has been ticking over in a reasonable state. The stupidest thing is that we went to war and all the millions of pounds that went into it with us.

The countries we are helping aren't as "rich" (referring to individuals), or as smart or as developed as us. My fear and something I've noticed is that in the majority of cases when money has been handed over to the host nation, they aren't educated or devisive enough to use it effectively. The people too, for lack of money and knowledge just rebuild the same shoddy houses which will get swept away again.

So yes, by all means donate as much money as we can, but first of all consider some things:

We should be donating for the peoples' sakes, because they are the ones who are affected and deserve the charity, not the governments who in most cases unfairly keep all the money they generate internally.

Bare in mind that money is useless if people don't learn or use the money well. It is very possible that a lot of money will be wasted and almost certain that none of the inhabitants will "learn".

Finally, this may sound selfish now, but just from the gage I have of posters here; it's likely that after this passes us, alot of people would be moaning about an apparent lack of funds to our government.

Personally I still side with the majority of you and believe that our government is l;osing any morals it had and is becoming more and more corrupt. This said, if it wasn't corrupt and moral, it would've been proved by an instant high amount of cash donated, regardless of the factors I stated above. But it wasn't.

Rarely do I rant, but this looks as if I've gone all out.
:)
Thu 30/12/04 at 12:42
Regular
Light wrote:
> munn wrote:
> Stuff
>
> Well, how about getting off your backside and trying to make a
> difference, even if just by voting, rather than sitting there
> cramming pizza down your throat and muttering how you just
> knew it would all go wrong?

Well, I would vote, but I can't.
There's an age restriction.

:-O
Thu 30/12/04 at 12:48
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
munn wrote:

> Well, I would vote, but I can't.
> There's an age restriction.
>
> :-O

Bah.

So...how come you're complaining about the taxes you (don't) pay?
Thu 30/12/04 at 12:51
Regular
15(ish) percent of the price of everything I buy is tax.
Thu 30/12/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Munn, be grateful my powers have yet to come to fruition and I can't kill people via broadband using white-hot anger.
Thu 30/12/04 at 12:57
Regular
"D'ya lyk soggy chip"
munn wrote:
> At least we're giving them something.
> Do you really expect they'd return the favour?

I'm not trying to be offensive, but you are truely a narrow minded person.
What if this disarter happened on you? Would you still saying the same thing then? By the way, we need some votes at the U.N. general Aseembly in some other situation.
Thu 30/12/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Don't try and talk to munn, he simply lays his face against the keys and face-butts until sentences come out.
Thu 30/12/04 at 13:03
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Munn, be grateful my powers have yet to come to fruition and I can't
> kill people via broadband using white-hot anger.

You can't kill me.
Anyway, survival of the fittest and all the malarky.
They're all killing themselves over there in the long run too.
"Girl? No, I want a boy. Boys = more money for me when I'm old"
Yeah, without girls, they end up in a slight pickle.

If they can't be bothered to think about their own future, why should I give them money?
Thu 30/12/04 at 13:05
Regular
"D'ya lyk soggy chip"
Goatboy wrote:
> Don't try and talk to munn, he simply lays his face against the keys
> and face-butts until sentences come out.

*claps*
Thu 30/12/04 at 13:06
Regular
@ussie_gal wrote:
> What if this disaster happened on you? Would you still saying the
> same thing then?

No, I wouldn't, but then again, I wouldn't be saying "Hey, you're a rich country, you should be giving me money so that I can get on with my life"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.