GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's a f****** disgrace"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/12/04 at 23:01
Regular
What sort of a society do we live in, really. 70,000, that's seventy thousand people have died. And what does our government offer them?

One. Million. Pounds.

Later they upped that to a 'whopping' £15 million, but in my opinion that's because they were shamed into it. Then there's the US who offer a 'collossal' £35 million. What really rubs it in though is Jack Straw and George Bush standing there and giving excuses why they can't give more. I really believe the western world has become completely morally bankrupt.

Bush : "Last year 40% of all aid given in the world was given by the US."

Who gives a crap who gave what when, you t***pot, do you really have a clue what the real world is about?? For gods sake, how much money have both nations plowed into that ridiculous war? I don't hear any complaints about budgets when that subject is raised. Not to mention the human loss of life.

It makes you ashamed to be British and affiliated with what is turning out to be an Empire of bullies, ignorant knuckledraggers and yes men. This New Year I'm hoping for a Nuclear Holocaust.

Rant Over. Time for the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Thu 30/12/04 at 00:32
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
munn wrote:
> 1 million IS a pathetic figure to offer considering how rich the
> country is, but at least we're giving them something, don't forget
> that we have our own "crisis'" to deal with, and we're
> ****ed aroudn with on a regular basis when it comes to getting stuff
> for our tax.

What 'crisis' is that? You wouldn't be talking about the war in Iraq would you? The one we kinda started, and couldn't finish? Last time I checked, our country hadn't been affected by the worst natural disaster in the last 50 years, causing 100,000 people to die and over a million people to be homeless. You can't throw enough money at this sort of thing.

They're lucky they're getting anything? Man, I bet they sure are feeling grateful at the moment.
Thu 30/12/04 at 00:34
Regular
"cachoo"
munn wrote:
> and we're
> ****ed aroudn with on a regular basis when it comes to getting stuff
> for our tax.

Oh no!
Thu 30/12/04 at 00:42
Regular
i dont really see how money will help at the moment, is this like a cheque? or a collective sum of aid and relife?
Thu 30/12/04 at 00:54
Regular
"be happy"
It is a f-ing disgrace, not only for the people who need help, also the UK's world image, which has rightly been tarnished lately.
Don't forget, the West holds a lot of the blame for why so many died. Countries like Indonesia are only so poor coz they've been shat on by us in the past, and its the poverty that's to blame for the lack of a warning system, emergency services, etc.
Thu 30/12/04 at 01:32
Regular
"be happy"
Also, Good Bad and Ugly, Desperado, Training Day, and Get Carter. All top films, all on at the same time. Why?!
Still, sh*t like the tsunami makes u feel lucky, no? I'm here, flu, bad back, can't enjoy the holiday, but I'm better off than about 4 billion people in the world. Maybe I'll donate some cash
Thu 30/12/04 at 08:06
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Ok, I'm acually glad that the governments arent giving very much aid. Its not that I dont care its just that aid ISNT free. The country has to pay it back at huge rates of interest. It Often puts LEDC's into a lot more debt and doesnt acually help them. Where as the charity giving DOES help, thats the proper help that should and is being given. It may sound bad but acually its good for the countrys affected
Thu 30/12/04 at 08:37
Regular
"eat toast!"
i think the truth is the un restricts how much aid a country could give. I remember in my lessons that you can't give away more then 3% of your gnp.
Thu 30/12/04 at 09:46
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
munn wrote:
> Stuff

Well, how about getting off your backside and trying to make a difference, even if just by voting, rather than sitting there cramming pizza down your throat and muttering how you just knew it would all go wrong?
Thu 30/12/04 at 11:29
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Woah, nellies. As far as I'm aware the donations put forward by the international community form just the initial response. I heard that Colin Powell has said the US response will eventually run to billions of dollars, and presumably other countries will scale their efforts up accordingly.

spoonbeast wrote:
> i think the truth is the un restricts how much aid a country could
> give. I remember in my lessons that you can't give away more then 3%
> of your gnp.

Given that the GDP of the United States is $11 trillion dollars, I don't forsee that being a problem.
Thu 30/12/04 at 12:01
Regular
"you've got a beard"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:

> Bush : "Last year 40% of all aid given in the world was given by
> the US."

i should think so too!!

Very_Metal: "last year, a large percentage of the people that NEEDED aid, needed it because of US actions, be it military action or because of their staunch refusal to aliviate 3rd world debt"

in any event, that is a pitiful amount of help to offer a country/countries that have suffered this kind of disaster, especially while having the audasity to harp on about 9/11 at every available opportunity, which was nothing in comparison... (except for the planning aspect of course)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.