GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's a f****** disgrace"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/12/04 at 23:01
Regular
What sort of a society do we live in, really. 70,000, that's seventy thousand people have died. And what does our government offer them?

One. Million. Pounds.

Later they upped that to a 'whopping' £15 million, but in my opinion that's because they were shamed into it. Then there's the US who offer a 'collossal' £35 million. What really rubs it in though is Jack Straw and George Bush standing there and giving excuses why they can't give more. I really believe the western world has become completely morally bankrupt.

Bush : "Last year 40% of all aid given in the world was given by the US."

Who gives a crap who gave what when, you t***pot, do you really have a clue what the real world is about?? For gods sake, how much money have both nations plowed into that ridiculous war? I don't hear any complaints about budgets when that subject is raised. Not to mention the human loss of life.

It makes you ashamed to be British and affiliated with what is turning out to be an Empire of bullies, ignorant knuckledraggers and yes men. This New Year I'm hoping for a Nuclear Holocaust.

Rant Over. Time for the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Wed 29/12/04 at 23:01
Regular
What sort of a society do we live in, really. 70,000, that's seventy thousand people have died. And what does our government offer them?

One. Million. Pounds.

Later they upped that to a 'whopping' £15 million, but in my opinion that's because they were shamed into it. Then there's the US who offer a 'collossal' £35 million. What really rubs it in though is Jack Straw and George Bush standing there and giving excuses why they can't give more. I really believe the western world has become completely morally bankrupt.

Bush : "Last year 40% of all aid given in the world was given by the US."

Who gives a crap who gave what when, you t***pot, do you really have a clue what the real world is about?? For gods sake, how much money have both nations plowed into that ridiculous war? I don't hear any complaints about budgets when that subject is raised. Not to mention the human loss of life.

It makes you ashamed to be British and affiliated with what is turning out to be an Empire of bullies, ignorant knuckledraggers and yes men. This New Year I'm hoping for a Nuclear Holocaust.

Rant Over. Time for the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Wed 29/12/04 at 23:14
Regular
I'm a charity virgin by the way, which one guarantees more of your cash actually getting used in the way it's supposed to, rather than ending up in some crisp eating cheeselickers back burner?
Wed 29/12/04 at 23:14
Regular
I was shocked when I heard about that. It's pathetic, you would expect far more. I was annoyed when it was annoyed that the Americans were going to give $15 million (was it first?) some guy on the Yahoo board was saying that america was giving and yet no one else was. Then we turn around and come up with this tiny donation. I imagine the British public will be giving far more than that on their own. Most of my family have donated and they rarely do.
Wed 29/12/04 at 23:18
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Hear, hear.
Wed 29/12/04 at 23:24
Regular
At least we're giving them something.
Do you really expect they'd return the favour?
Wed 29/12/04 at 23:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> I'm a charity virgin by the way, which one guarantees more of your
> cash actually getting used in the way it's supposed to, rather than
> ending up in some crisp eating cheeselickers back burner?

The Chippxero fund for retired pirates.

It is funking insane before bush came to power they had something like $360 million spare. where the funk has it gone? I'll tell you where in to A10's and helicopters for the bombng of another country.

Ok they should spend their money how they like but they could have donated so much more than $15 million. we should be giving more too where the funk do our taxes go?
Wed 29/12/04 at 23:38
Regular
Sorry about the 'censored' profanity Moderators, by the way. If anything deserves a profane outburst it's the current farce going on, but sorry.

Munn, I hope you're joking, but you do have a point in a way. Perhaps what this country and the USA need is a terrible event to befall it, like the one that occured on Boxing day. Maybe it would bring things into perspective and in some way heal the westerns combined corrupted psyche. I believe in the reversed position, they would help - they haven't had their minds brainwashed with materialism, I believe people like that are far more in touch with what is important.

Like in that terrible film, the day after tomorrow, where the Americans crap themselves wondering if South America will take them in. We need something like that to add a little humility to the west. The government has more money than sense - Millenium Domes, Bridges, unbelievable amounts on hosting commonwealth games etc. Not needed - pure self indulgence on a national scale. But as soon as someone is in genuine trouble, the excuses come out.

There's always plenty to go on ordanance to drop on some weakling 3rd world country though, isn't there? I just think it's extremely poor, and especially at christmas. I'm not religious but it is a season of good cheer. Alledgedly.
Wed 29/12/04 at 23:41
Regular
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Rant Over. Time for the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Shiiiiiitttt!!!

*Scrambles for remote*
Wed 29/12/04 at 23:51
Regular
I'm not trying to be funny.
All I'm saying is that there are hundreds of countries in the world, some just as rich as us, and the majority of them don't give a ****

1 million IS a pathetic figure to offer considering how rich the country is, but at least we're giving them something, don't forget that we have our own "crisis'" to deal with, and we're ****ed aroudn with on a regular basis when it comes to getting stuff for our tax.

Considering how little we get from our own government, I'd say that they'e lucky they're even getting a million.

Although, to be fair, we should at least be giving them 100 million, as that's less tahn 2 quid from each person in the country, and that would be enough to fund scores of services and food/water supplies for them.

Bleh. I'm off to watch Desperado.
Thu 30/12/04 at 00:13
Regular
"0228"
I've heard that £5 million has been donated in the last 24 hours. That is pretty impressive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.