GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's a f****** disgrace"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/12/04 at 23:01
Regular
What sort of a society do we live in, really. 70,000, that's seventy thousand people have died. And what does our government offer them?

One. Million. Pounds.

Later they upped that to a 'whopping' £15 million, but in my opinion that's because they were shamed into it. Then there's the US who offer a 'collossal' £35 million. What really rubs it in though is Jack Straw and George Bush standing there and giving excuses why they can't give more. I really believe the western world has become completely morally bankrupt.

Bush : "Last year 40% of all aid given in the world was given by the US."

Who gives a crap who gave what when, you t***pot, do you really have a clue what the real world is about?? For gods sake, how much money have both nations plowed into that ridiculous war? I don't hear any complaints about budgets when that subject is raised. Not to mention the human loss of life.

It makes you ashamed to be British and affiliated with what is turning out to be an Empire of bullies, ignorant knuckledraggers and yes men. This New Year I'm hoping for a Nuclear Holocaust.

Rant Over. Time for the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Thu 06/01/05 at 21:18
Regular
"be happy"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Bush : "Last year 40% of all aid given in the world was given by
> the US."
>
> Who gives a crap who gave what when, you t***pot, do you really have
> a clue what the real world is about?? For gods sake, how much money
> have both nations plowed into that ridiculous war? I don't hear any
> complaints about budgets when that subject is raised. Not to mention
> the human loss of life.

"The US government has so far pledged $350m to the victims of the tsunami, and the UK government £50m ($96m). The US has spent $148 billion on the Iraq war and the UK £6bn ($11.5bn). The war has been running for 656 days. This means that the money pledged for the tsunami disaster by the United States is the equivalent of one and a half days’ spending in Iraq. The money the UK has given equates to five and a half days of our involvement in the war."

"$8.9bn of the aid money the US spends is used for military assistance, anti-drugs operations, counter-terrorism and the Iraq relief and reconstruction fund (otherwise known as the Halliburton benevolent trust)."

source:- www.monbiot.com
Tue 04/01/05 at 19:06
Regular
Just came across this news article on Yahoo! What do you think? I knew it was political and that they wanted to be shown actually helping rather than destroying but I didnt expect them to openly say it even hoping that Muslims will see how much "america cares" and persuade them to stop any (future) terrorist attacks.

EDIT : A $350 million P.R campaign
---
Powell: Tsunami Aid May Help U.S. Image

Secretary of State Colin Powell said Tuesday the outpouring of American aid and humanitarian help in the region devastated by the tsunami may also help Muslim nations see the United States in a better light.

"What it does in the Muslim world, the rest of the world is giving an opportunity to see American generosity, American values in action," Powell said after meeting with Hassan Wirayuda, his Indonesian counterpart.

"America is not an anti-Islamic, anti-Muslim nation. America is a diverse society where we respect all religions," the secretary said

Powell said he hopes Muslim countries see the wide range of U.S. aid and involvement around the world, of which the disaster relief is only the latest example. U.S. involvement and cooperation "is in the best interest of those countries and it's in our best interest," he said.

"We are supporting these activities because we believe it is in the best interest of those countries and its in our best interest, and it dries up those pools of dissatisfaction, which might give rise to terrorist activity," Powell said.

"When people believe that there is a future in their country where their views can be dealt with in a political setting, an open political setting, where they have the right to vote and express their views, under such circumstances, we think its less likely that terrorists find fertile ground," he added. "And therefore, that supports not only our national security interests but the national security interests of the countries involved."
Tue 04/01/05 at 17:43
Regular
"Catch it!"
Did you know America are spending 9 million on themselves and 4 million on the people in these floods!
Tue 04/01/05 at 17:32
Regular
"be happy"
> As bad as a sweatshop is, the choices without one is a hell of a lot
> worse for these people.

And why is that? Subsidies from the World Bank, IMF, etc, have run these countries' agriculture into the ground, so people are forced into the cities. Foreign companies come in to 'invest', but on certain conditions, i.e no trade unions, lax employment laws, etc. A lot of people in the world have no 'choice' at all.

Glad to hear Brown wants to write off some of these countries debts, not before time (if it even happens). Maybe that will be the one good thing that comes of all this (not the sweatshops being washed away, that point was ridiculous).
Tue 04/01/05 at 13:57
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> The only thing I see as remotely beneficial from this event is that
> sweatshop companies are seeing a massive drop in productivity due to
> their factories/labour camps being washed away - it's just a shame it
> had to happen through loss of life.

The thing about sweatshops, although it's no excuse for the corporates, just finding the cheapest labour with the dirtiest conditions that they can, a lot of people rely on these places for their lively hood.
As bad as a sweatshop is, the choices without one is a hell of a lot worse for these people.
Tue 04/01/05 at 13:52
Regular
Mozambique donated 100k

wow

(I'm not being sarcastic by the way)
Tue 04/01/05 at 13:49
Regular
Light wrote:
> That said, the people of Beslan have pledged a million roubles from
> their own disaster fund.

Brilliant.
Tue 04/01/05 at 13:12
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4145259.stm[/URL]

update on aid given by different sources from BBC website.
Tue 04/01/05 at 10:46
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Where's Russia?
>
> And I don't mean on a map.

Hey, seeing as the whole country crapped out it's own skeleton post-communism, I'd be astonished if they can afford anything.

That said, the people of Beslan have pledged a million roubles from their own disaster fund.
Tue 04/01/05 at 10:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
'THANK YOU BRITAIN FOR SAVING OUR LIVES!' - so says the Express.

Shut. The. F**k. Up.

Just been reading Munn's 'arguments'.

A) No
B) Stop trying to be clever
C) Again, no.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.