GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Baros or Defoe"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/12/04 at 16:18
Regular
A little argument between me and our Spurs-loving friend. Who's the better striker?

Got some facts for you.

Defoe - 1405 minutes, 9 goals, 1 assist

Baros - 932 minutes, 8 goals, 1 asisst ( he also outscored Defoe, and everyone else, in Euro 2004. But don't let me sway you..)
Thu 23/12/04 at 01:50
Le Tallec?

;-)
Thu 23/12/04 at 18:32
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I think we all know and even Alec will have to agree that Mellor beats Defoe. The kid is a genius!
Thu 23/12/04 at 18:46
Regular
Exactly. Last minute of the Spurs Arsenal game, what did Defoe do? Did he hit the ball effortlessly from 25 yards out with pin-point accuracy into the only place Lehmann couldn't reach? No. Mellor did. Defoe was too busy being too small and rubbish.

Mellor and Owen for England.
Fri 24/12/04 at 11:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Stats mean nothing in reality, when it comes to football.

"Statistically", I believe, David James is one of the finest shot-stoppers around....

?

:P
Fri 24/12/04 at 11:11
Regular
Point taken and duly ignored.

Baros. Much better. Case closed.
Sat 25/12/04 at 21:33
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Defoe is slightly better as he is young and yes has more to learn, but I think hes as good as Baros so for his age i rate him better.
Sun 26/12/04 at 09:36
Regular
Age difference? Alright, first things first. Defoe (22) isn't even a year younger than Baros (only just 23). And secondly, if you want to judge it like that, let's deduct all the time Baros was injured following his leg fracture at Blackburn. Or maybe, Defoe has been playing in English football, which is better than Czech football, for longer?
Sun 26/12/04 at 12:23
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
The only reason people talk about Defoe as a young'un is because he's only just came on to the scene, talent-wise.

I guess he just wasn't good enough years ago....

Baros was though, that's unquestioned.
Sun 26/12/04 at 12:56
Regular
The Ostravan Maradonna. That's what they called him, oh yes.

We're all waiting for him to descend into drugs and women and handballs, Prague style.
Sun 26/12/04 at 14:58
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
In my rushedness to confirm how good baros is, I replaced Reyes with him in my Fantasy Footy team this morning.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.