GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Baros or Defoe"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/12/04 at 16:18
Regular
A little argument between me and our Spurs-loving friend. Who's the better striker?

Got some facts for you.

Defoe - 1405 minutes, 9 goals, 1 assist

Baros - 932 minutes, 8 goals, 1 asisst ( he also outscored Defoe, and everyone else, in Euro 2004. But don't let me sway you..)
Tue 21/12/04 at 16:18
Regular
A little argument between me and our Spurs-loving friend. Who's the better striker?

Got some facts for you.

Defoe - 1405 minutes, 9 goals, 1 assist

Baros - 932 minutes, 8 goals, 1 asisst ( he also outscored Defoe, and everyone else, in Euro 2004. But don't let me sway you..)
Tue 21/12/04 at 16:22
Regular
"Colourless"
Y'know, I think Alec is having the same argument with every person in this Sport Forum: Whether Defoe is better than the top striker at the other person's club.

:)

Eidur is clearly better :P
Tue 21/12/04 at 16:25
Regular
Eidur's clearly better than Defoe, we know this. But so's Ruud, Thierry, Shearer and Baros i.e. The top strikers at the five biggest clubs.

Spurs are just too small :)
Tue 21/12/04 at 16:51
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
F**king hell.

If we're honest here, Defoe is quite clearly better than Baros. No question, I made my point about him being your only striker, go read it again, it makes sense.

Defoe is also, no better than Shearer, in his prime, no way. But now, I'd pick Defoe over Shearer ANY DAY.

Eidur, pushing it, but maybe just. He just has good service, and thus tap ins.

If we're looking at quality, look at some of Defoe's goals this season, the on against Liverpool I seem to rememeber was decent, how can we forget his one against Arsenal? And his one against Birmingham.

Yeh, Baros has scored one good goal I think, but quite clearly Defoe's were better.

His positional play is also a lot better, as BBC kindly pointed out at the weekend, 'the complete striker'? Maybe not, add a bit of height and you're there.
Tue 21/12/04 at 16:52
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Stryke wrote:
> Baros - 932 minutes, 8 goals, 1 asisst ( he also outscored Defoe, and
> everyone else, in Euro 2004. But don't let me sway you..)

He played pretty much every minute of every game, Defoe was a sub. He got further than England too I seem to remember.

Therefore that final comment is void in this argument.
Tue 21/12/04 at 17:01
I'd say Baros.
Tue 21/12/04 at 17:05
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Yeh, c'mon everyone in this sport forum has a thing against me. SO evidently, I'm gonna get back from holiday in a week and find Defoe lost, oh how predictable..

So yeh...have fun voting Baros guys, but I'll still know Defoe is better, as will every other rational, non-Alec hating football fan, in the world.

Ciao guys
Have a good xmas
Tue 21/12/04 at 17:10
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Defoe
Tue 21/12/04 at 17:15
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Lil Bro wrote:
> Yeh, c'mon everyone in this sport forum has a thing against me. SO
> evidently, I'm gonna get back from holiday in a week and find Defoe
> lost, oh how predictable..

No, it's not about having a thing against you. It's about having a thing against your extreme bias towards Spurs, neglecting the fact that there might actually be other teams in the league. Other people are actually a lot more realistic, and therefore people argue with you.

And on this subject, right now Baros is better. Stats prove it.
Tue 21/12/04 at 17:34
Regular
"The Red Shift"
However, these particular stats don't take into account: strength of oppo, strength of goalie, type of goal, position of shot, etc.

I would reckon Baros has scored more deflected shots and tap-ins than Defoe has.

Euro 04 is also an unfair piece of data, because Defoe hardly played and England got knocked out earlier and the strengths of the national teams are different.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.