GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Baros or Defoe"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/12/04 at 16:18
Regular
A little argument between me and our Spurs-loving friend. Who's the better striker?

Got some facts for you.

Defoe - 1405 minutes, 9 goals, 1 assist

Baros - 932 minutes, 8 goals, 1 asisst ( he also outscored Defoe, and everyone else, in Euro 2004. But don't let me sway you..)
Tue 21/12/04 at 23:45
Regular
Baros has proved he is world class with his international record, and this stretches way beyond euro 2004.
Wed 22/12/04 at 00:12
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Oh and Orty...

BOLLLLLLLLLLLLOCKS!

I forgot about the Zid-Ron match.

Thanks anyway.
Wed 22/12/04 at 02:22
Regular
hah, fell asleep then? :P
Wed 22/12/04 at 10:14
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Hasn't Defoe scored 11 this season. In all competitions that is.
Wed 22/12/04 at 10:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Milan Baros is the better striker to have in your team (yes, you're on that pitch with ten other men, Jermain - you're not supposed to try and do it all on your own!)

Baros, though, is a better striker all-round. He's proved he can score goals, of course. He's done it for Liverpool this season; he did it when he first arrived at Anfield and he finished Euro 2004 as top-scorer; as, I'm sure, you're all well aware by now.
Something the Match of the Day 2 team pointed out though, about how well he works with Neil Mellor in attack, as Mellor tends to stay in position giving Baros the freedom to roam, explore and destroy... That's one area I do not believe Defoe could succeed in.

Jermain Defoe is more of a ball-to-feet player, who will only work the magic once he's in the box. A little like van Nistelrooy and Alan Shearer. You wouldn't expect to see him running like Henry or pulling players apart like Milan Baros.

In my BBC Friend's Fantasy Football team, however, I have the luxury of BOTH players in my team! ;D
(I now only wish I'd gone with my instincts before and put Defoe in last week, when I thought Wayne Rooney was set to finally shine for United, against Crystal Palace... :P )
Wed 22/12/04 at 11:18
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Clazon wrote:
> KOPKING, are you the guy at Anfield who wears that "Liverpool
> Suit" with 1000's of 'pool badges on?
>
> :)

Lol I think your are referring to the moderatly famous Badgeman and unfortunatly I am not he.
Wed 22/12/04 at 11:32
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
The problem with Baros is that he often gets the ball and immediatly looks down and runs - failing to to see what is avaliable around him which leads to his downfall. Finishing wise he's exceptional.
Wed 22/12/04 at 12:02
Regular
"Colourless"
Clazon wrote:
> Euro 04 is also an unfair piece of data, because Defoe hardly played

I agree with that bit.

> and England got knocked out earlier and the strengths of the national
> teams are different.

But Czech's probably would have been knocked out had Baros not been scoring and playing so well...
Wed 22/12/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
Clazon wrote:
> KOPKING, are you the guy at Anfield who wears that "Liverpool
> Suit" with 1000's of 'pool badges on?
>
> :)

Hahaha I was speaking to him at the Newcastle match...he's a spaz
Wed 22/12/04 at 14:55
Regular
"If we're honest here, Defoe is quite clearly better than Baros. No question"

Deary deary me, Lil Bro.
Deary me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.