GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Baros or Defoe"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/12/04 at 16:18
Regular
A little argument between me and our Spurs-loving friend. Who's the better striker?

Got some facts for you.

Defoe - 1405 minutes, 9 goals, 1 assist

Baros - 932 minutes, 8 goals, 1 asisst ( he also outscored Defoe, and everyone else, in Euro 2004. But don't let me sway you..)
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:09
Regular
Hardly played? He didn't even make the squad, heh.

And, as for "you all hate me"..what AJ said is the truth, basically.
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:11
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
Let me end this by saying this is completely unfair and bias...

BAROS!!!
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:17
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Stryke wrote:
> Hardly played?

I just meant it as a different way from saying he wasn't picked.
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:25
Regular
Excellent.
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:39
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Defoe hands down. He's an incredible player imo.
Tue 21/12/04 at 20:41
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Both are quality players but its pretty obvious that Baros is a better player. He's got everything pace, power, strength, determination, a helluva shot,tricks and as we seen against Newcastle has now learned to pass. Defoe shares some of these qualitys but I think its safe to say Defoe is never going to be world class Baros will be.
Tue 21/12/04 at 23:04
Regular
"The Red Shift"
KOPKING, are you the guy at Anfield who wears that "Liverpool Suit" with 1000's of 'pool badges on?

:)
Tue 21/12/04 at 23:18
Regular
Lil Bro wrote:
> Yeh, c'mon everyone in this sport forum has a thing against me.

It's hardly suprising when your judgement on a player can't stretch beyond how many goals he has scored and whether they were 30 yard screamers or tap-ins.

Look at the bigger picture, there's more to it. I mean are you seriously telling me that if Ade Akinbiyi scored from 40 yards and Defoe from 2 that makes him a better player? Thats where your argument fails.

Oh and for the record, Baros.
Tue 21/12/04 at 23:22
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Quinty wrote:

> It's hardly suprising when your judgement on a player can't stretch
> beyond how many goals he has scored and whether they were 30 yard
> screamers or tap-ins.
>
> Look at the bigger picture, there's more to it. I mean are you
> seriously telling me that if Ade Akinbiyi scored from 40 yards and
> Defoe from 2 that makes him a better player? Thats where your
> argument fails.

To be fair, it was me who made the point about quality of goal.

And it still stands when both players have only, but have scored, about 8-9 goals.

Ie. If they'd only scored 1 or 2 then it's pointless, if they'd scored 40 it's pointless, but not for numbers in between.
Tue 21/12/04 at 23:35
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> To be fair, it was me who made the point about quality of goal.

But in general he does go on far too much about quality of goal, as if it has a MASSIVE bearing on the quality of striker which it clearly doesn't in examples such as Andy Cole (In his prime at United).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.