GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My first Date... I need help..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/12/04 at 16:34
Regular
"Time Up"
In a few days I am going to go out for a date, and I have never dated anyone before, in fact I don't think that I have ever talked to a girl in my whole life, and I didn't even fix that date, there was a friend who did it for me, and now I have no clue about what I am supposed to do.. What are people supposed to do on a date ? what kinds of things should I say ? And what kinds of things shouldn't I say ? Please I need all the advice that I can get because I am a total newbie about everything that has to do with these kinds of things.
Mon 20/12/04 at 09:28
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Bad nervous laughter where they think you're going to take them to a
> farm in the dark that pretends to sell Christmas trees and throttle
> them.

Done that before then E_B??

But, seriously, be yourself. None of this cheesy turning up with flowers like you see in the movies.

Oh, and give her your full attention. If you go to, lets say a pub, and the football comes on pretend it's not there cos she'll only start looking at you and then you'll end up feeling allself conscious.
Mon 20/12/04 at 07:28
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Black Glove wrote:
> I could say just be yourself, but if yourself is a nervy, twitchy
> nincompoop then you'd be stuffed.

AHA!

Got a little snort out of me there. Going by Goatboy's theory, does this mean I want to rat you into the New Year?

Laughing is a good thing, but there are two types of laughter.
Good laughter where they laugh at your jokes and keep playfully touching you.
Bad nervous laughter where they think you're going to take them to a farm in the dark that pretends to sell Christmas trees and throttle them.
Mon 20/12/04 at 01:18
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Black Glove wrote:
> I could say just be yourself, but if yourself is a nervy, twitchy
> nincompoop then you'd be stuffed.

Shhh!

Get yourself in a good mood before you go out. Try to get to know her - by asking questions and responding to her answers you stand a good chance of starting a conversation, and from that a rapport. If you can be funny too, all the better.

I've never been on a "date" either, the idea scares me. I do have a girlfriend of five years now, so they are by no means necessary. If you can de-formalise it in your mind to something more akin to a social gathering with just you and some girl, you'll probably do better. Imagine you're just going to the cinema with your mate or something, just minus the mate and plus one female.
Sun 19/12/04 at 23:40
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Well, how else did he get the date? Act like his best mate? I hope not.
Sun 19/12/04 at 23:39
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I could say just be yourself, but if yourself is a nervy, twitchy nincompoop then you'd be stuffed.
Sun 19/12/04 at 23:09
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Goatboy wrote:
> Do not, under any circumstances, take flowers or any other crap.
> Last date I went on, first thing I did when I saw her standing
> outside Liverpool St was stick my tongue out and give her the V's.
> She laughed.
> Laughing = Wants to lap you like a thirsty kitten.

Erm, i have a feeling that could swing a few ways...
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:01
Regular
"Time Up"
Thanks everyone..
Sun 19/12/04 at 20:33
Regular
"Twenty quid."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Would that comment fall into the 'wrong' or 'right' section?

Depends which way the date's going.
Sun 19/12/04 at 19:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Do not, under any circumstances, take flowers or any other crap.
Last date I went on, first thing I did when I saw her standing outside Liverpool St was stick my tongue out and give her the V's.
She laughed.
Laughing = Wants to lap you like a thirsty kitten.
Sun 19/12/04 at 17:58
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Or more seriously: be yourself, have a laugh with her, show her that you care without coming on too strong or desperate. And again: have a laugh with her.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.