GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My first Date... I need help..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/12/04 at 16:34
Regular
"Time Up"
In a few days I am going to go out for a date, and I have never dated anyone before, in fact I don't think that I have ever talked to a girl in my whole life, and I didn't even fix that date, there was a friend who did it for me, and now I have no clue about what I am supposed to do.. What are people supposed to do on a date ? what kinds of things should I say ? And what kinds of things shouldn't I say ? Please I need all the advice that I can get because I am a total newbie about everything that has to do with these kinds of things.
Tue 04/01/05 at 06:29
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Blank wrote:
> Actually, there was an experiment done by OPS2 magazine, in which
> they sent the new guy to a speed dating event. His brief was to
> mention computer games to all of them in more than passing. Quite a
> few of them said in the questionnaire at the end that they'd like to
> see him again.

He had an X-Box controller stuffed down the front of his trousers.
Mon 03/01/05 at 22:45
Regular
"bing bang bong"
So how did it go?
Mon 03/01/05 at 22:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Best advice I can give is avoid the subject of computer games.
>
> Those eyes will glaze over in next to no time.
>
> Hell, best not to even mention them. It's around the same level as
> trainspotter / stalker / geek / Dungeons and dragons player to the
> uninitiated.

Actually, there was an experiment done by OPS2 magazine, in which they sent the new guy to a speed dating event. His brief was to mention computer games to all of them in more than passing. Quite a few of them said in the questionnaire at the end that they'd like to see him again.
Fri 24/12/04 at 15:00
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Cusack wrote:
> Also the cinema is a good idea, but something worries me which is whether > to take her to see Kill Bill Vol. 2

Do you know nothing about women at all?

*reads down topic*

Oh wait, I see.
Then a definite nono.
Unless she thinks there's nothing more kinky than people being dismembered by samurai swords, which I doubt.
Fri 24/12/04 at 14:56
Regular
"Time Up"
gerrid wrote:
> I was going to suggest Ice Skating
Thanks for the reminder, I had totally forgotten that skating was one of the only 2 sports that I'm good at. Also the cinema is a good idea , but something worries me which is whether to take her to see Kill Bill Vol. 2 or not.. , I've seen it and it's the best movie in the cinema right now, but it contains violence, so would this be a good idea or not ?
Fri 24/12/04 at 14:52
Regular
"Time Up"
Asher wrote:
> Best advice you can ever have for someone going on a date, is have a
> beer or two before. Not so your drunk, just so your like at the stage
> of 'at ease', that can really help you avoid awkward sileneces
I don't drink.
Thu 23/12/04 at 18:43
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
chippxero wrote:
> Puddin™ wrote:
> Maybe he don't wanna talk about it or totally shagged out
>
> Maybe his mate set him up with a bloke.

Given his lack of dating experience, perhaps he wont notice.
Thu 23/12/04 at 18:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Chav, apparently, was thought up by Chester Girl's college students, to describe the average Chester man - Chester Average - Chaverage - Chav.

I was going to suggest Ice Skating or something similar but since you live in Egypt maybe not. perhaps Bowling or something like that - something that's enjoyable in its own right will always make a date seem more fun. Just sitting in a restaurant or whatever is gonna leave lots and lots of awkward moments, and taking someone to the cinema on a first date is the classic "I'm too nervous to talk to you" syndrome. Whatever your mate's organised, go with it - if it's rubbish, then blame it all on him and laugh about it later.
Thu 23/12/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Captain to you."
Puddin™ wrote:
> Maybe he don't wanna talk about it or totally shagged out

Maybe his mate set him up with a bloke.
Thu 23/12/04 at 17:37
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Maybe he don't wanna talk about it or totally shagged out

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.